Hacking N3dsXL died on new super mario bros 2 and will no longer boot.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have had this error too, this is how i managed to fix it (you will lose your progress in game s if you follow my method)
(Btw you need to have CFW installed)

hold start during boot, you will enter godmode9.
Select your SD card.
Press the homemenu button.
Select scripts
Select GM9Megascript
Select restore options
Select SysNAND restore (full)
Press A
Do the arrow code
Wait

now try again, if this doesnt work, i realy dont know.

hope this helped
ctrtransfer is a better solution since it accomplishes pretty much the same thing without losing games and saves. But if all else fails and he has a NAND backup to restore, it's good as a last resort.

gr3naed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would somebody who very hypothetically didnt have enough space on their hypothetical sd card for a hypothetical nand backup?

Is there a way to delete cia games without using fbi?
Try the battery trick before attempting CTRTransfer.

If you need to free up space on an SD card, copy and paste the Nintendo 3DS folder over to a computer.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even after doing that, and having 3.7gb free on my sd card, godmode9 is still saying that i dont have enough storage space.
I would be wary if your SD card is fake or dying if GodMode9 is telling you there isn't enough free space to backup a ~1 GB sysnand *.bin image despite having 3.7 GB of free space.

Check the SD card for hardware problems.
  1. Copy everything off the card over to a computer.
  2. Quadruple reformat.
  3. Full Write + Verify the empty card in H2testw (windows), F3X (Mac), or F3 (Linux).
Report back the scan results.

gr3naed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would be wary if your SD card is fake or dying if GodMode9 is telling you there isn't enough free space to backup a ~1 GB sysnand *.bin image despite having 3.7 GB of free space.

Check the SD card for hardware problems.
  1. Copy everything off the card over to a computer.
  2. Quadruple reformat.
  3. Full Write + Verify the empty card in H2testw (windows), F3X (Mac), or F3 (Linux).
Report back the scan results.
The sd card is the official one that shipped in the 3ds. I will do this and give you the results in time.

gr3naed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so it isn't bad SD card data. Make a NAND backup (see https://3ds.guide/godmode9-usage if you're not sure how to) and save it on your computer, then do a ctrtransfer (https://3ds.guide/ctrtransfer) to see if that fixes it.
Ok. I took all advice that ive gotten recently and got a new error message after completing CTR transfer.

An error occurred (ErrDisp)

Error Type: generic

Process ID: 67136320

Address: 0x00000cea
Error code: 0x000000ce

Press any button to reboot.

Did i do something wrong? What do i do from here?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

gr3naed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After using luma 9.1 i got this new error screen:

20191102_210245_HDR.jpg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry the website compressed the everloving fricc out of the image. Give me a second.

BRB. Gotta swap out my computer's SSD from Linux back to Windows. I think I've seen this error; will need my check search history.

Edit - Alright, I'm back. Ah, yes. This one can't be fixed by standard and (Type D9) CTRTransfer(s). It's annoying as it requires manual troubleshooting.
  • Debugging "gamecoin"-type brick.
  • Do not straight up delete the entire data folder. This contains your user settings like Friends List, NNID, Activity Log, etc..

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: gr3naed

gr3naed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BRB. Gotta swap out my computer's SSD from Linux back to Windows. I think I've seen this error; will need my check search history.

Edit - Alright, I'm back. Ah, yes. This one can't be fixed by standard and (Type D9) CTRTransfer(s). It's annoying as it requires manual troubleshooting.
  • Do not straight up delete the entire data folder. This contains your user settings like Friends List, NNID, Activity Log, etc..
Thank you so much. This finally worked. Though i lost my games im chill because i got an SD card upgrade and can get many more. Thank you so much man. If i could give a hug through the internet right now i would.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much. This finally worked. Though i lost my games im chill because i got an SD card upgrade and can get many more. Thank you so much man. If i could give a hug through the internet right now i would.
What happened to the Nintendo 3DS folder that was supposed to be copied over to a computer from post #23 or *post #25? You can restore your games by deleting the (dummy) Nintendo 3DS folder on the new SD card and then copying your actual one to it.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Off-topic but why don't you keep both SSDs in? If you want to keep the boot managers separated you can still select which device to boot from in the BIOS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1