• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,047
  • Replies 3
D

Deleted User

OP
Hi there,

I've been an idiot in the past, and spilled a drink on my n3ds xl, the system's surprisingly intact, and functions perfectly normally in-game, bar some issues.

Main issues:
  • The CPP functionality in games that use it (SSB4, MHGen, MH4u, etc) is disabled, or cant be detected otherwise.
  • Something's internally buggered with the CPP, as the home menu is spammed with downwards input (can be worked around by using the touchscreen), though the c-stick can't input any other direction.
    • Despite removing the C-stick from its board, the problem still persists in the system
I've tried replacing both the shoulder button pads, and the CPP itself with replacements, but it's not resolved the issue at all.
I'm thinking it's down to either the board being corroded somewhere, or a logic controller being brokt, but I don't have the tools/understanding to test for that.

Anyone more familiar with the hardware got any idea what else is buggered?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Reactions: Scarlet
D

Deleted User

OP
Ok, so this somehow managed to fix itself when I dropped my 3ds off of my desk???

One of the holders for a screw holding the backplate has snapped though, so i guess there's a tradeoff, but eh, what the heck. I'll take shitty superglue vs cleaning the board.

Reactions: Scarlet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: