N3DSXL charges very VERY slowly

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by YuseiFD, Dec 24, 2018.

1. YuseiFD
    OP

YuseiFD GBAtemp Regular

Jul 6, 2016
    Hello, i have a used 3ds and it charges really slow, we're talking 3 to 5 hours to go from 73% to 100%, i realize it's either a soon to be dead battery or just a weak charger, so anywhere i can get a great charger (better than the original) in germany ? amazon.de sells cradles and no original chargers ? i am not from germany but i need to send it to someone in germany to bring it to me here, i took mugen 6250 mAh battery from amazon, thank you very much.

Last edited by YuseiFD, Dec 24, 2018
  2. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Try a different battery either by borrowing from a friend who has a o3DSXL or n3DSXL or buying a replacement. If you're from Europe, due to Nintendo of Europe strict policy against purchasing replacement battery, you'll have to resort to an aftermarket brand. Read this thread for battery options:
    I don't think that Nintendo 3DS charging cradle charges any faster as it uses the wire AC charger.

Lastly, if the replacement battery also charges too slowly, your issue is that the charging chip and/or micro-fuses are going bad. Don't mind the thread title as the post contains info for the n3DSXL.

YuseiFD likes this.
  3. YuseiFD
    OP

YuseiFD GBAtemp Regular

Jul 6, 2016
    i am already getting a mugen power battery, it's the charger that i find a hard time getting one, as there is no nintendo store website for germany, and the one that exists doesn't sell any of this stuff or i am really bad at searching in it, amazon only has old 3ds xl chargers.

4. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Glasgow
    Pretty sure all models of the 3ds use the same charger as does the nintendo dsi but I could be wrong. @TurdPooCharger do you know this one?

5. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Eh... Are you trying to buy the official Nintendo New 3DS XL LL charging cradle to used with the Mugen power battery? I don't think the two will fit together.
    As for finding a AC charger, are you certain none of your local electronic stores sell these anymore?
    Double check the plugs versus your country's standard wall outlet.
    You can resort to USB-to-3DS/DS cable and most smart phone USB cubes/blocks:
    The cradle accessory is universal for any region as long it matches that system model (o3ds, o2DS, n3DSXL, etc). The 3DS/2DS batteries are also cross region compatible.

The tricky part is making sure the AC charger you're using is compatible whenever where ever you travel, especially when going out of country. I'm not familiar with the wall standards used in the various countries of Europe and Asia, but power converters like these should solve most charging dilemmas for portable electronics:
    However, this doesn't cover the up/down converting voltages between 220-240V ⇄ 110-120V.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger, Dec 24, 2018
  6. AmandaRose

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Glasgow
    Thats not what I meant lol what I was asking was would a ac charger labelled for old 3ds work on the new 3ds as the op said they can only find ones for the old 3ds on amazon.

7. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The Backup Reminder

Mar 28, 2018
    Germany
    You can get them fairly easy. I can't believe I'm doing this: [Mediamarkt] and [Saturn]. @TurdPooCharger Searching on these pages hurts.

@AmandaRose On any 2/3DS system I have (or the packaging) is written "use only WAP-002". They are all the same. Instruction booklet even says this (similar): "If you have a charger for a DSi(XL) or 3DS(XL) you can use it with your New 3DS (XL)."

Last edited by KleinesSinchen, Dec 24, 2018
  8. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    definitely will work
    yes the consoles side of the charger will fit and power any of those units

9. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    He can use (o/n)(2/3)DS(XL/LL), DS(i)(XL/LL), and NDS labelled AC chargers as they all share the same port standard. The only thing he has to be on the look out for is using the correction regional AC charger depending where he's at or plans to go.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger, Dec 24, 2018
    KleinesSinchen and AmandaRose like this.
  10. AmandaRose

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Glasgow
    Ok as long as he buys a euro charger that won't be a problem as the whole of Europe (except Great Britain) uses the same wall standard

YuseiFD and KleinesSinchen like this.
  11. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The Backup Reminder

Mar 28, 2018
    Germany
    In general this page is useful:
    https://www.power-plugs-sockets.com/
    You give as an input where you are and where you want to travel and get the information if you need an adapter or even voltage converter.
    Select any two countries.

12. YuseiFD
    OP

YuseiFD GBAtemp Regular

Jul 6, 2016
    I am in a euro country, this is why i want one in euro cuz of the outlet, and i wanted to buy official ac adapter, thanks for the suggestions, also i am NOT gonna import, import alone is pricier than the item, so why bother, i'll get the charger for 3dsxl, thanks guys.

13. Svinorin

Svinorin Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2017
    United States
    Older model one should work, have mine from my original 3ds and use it in another room of the house with my N3DSXL so I don't need to go back to my bedroom. Another option is getting a usb cable charger off amazon. I've used mine with a phone charger brick and with a power bank and have had zero issues.

YuseiFD likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted