N3DSXL at 9.5.0-23e .. anything to do?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Atheris, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Atheris
    OP

Atheris Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2013
    Hi all.

Currently browsing through the Wiki, but was wondering if there is anything that can be done with a N3DS XL that is on 9.5.0-23e fw?

If not, I'll live. Got a pretty good collection of games already, but would really pref to have them all in one.

Thanks!

2. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    Sky3DS would be your only option at the moment unless you sold your 3DS and bought a new one on a lower firmware.
    (And you wouldn't even have a way to dump your own cartridges so you'd have to download them off the internet.)

3. Atheris
    OP

Atheris Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ah, alright. Thanks for the reply!

Won't be selling this, too dear. MH edition and all.. :)

4. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    You should wait until the new orange button version is in stock at your online resellers. it has the new anti-piracy checks fixed, two buttons for switching games, and fw is up-gradable via micro usb port.

5. gallymimu

gallymimu EE Expert

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    there is plenty you can do with it. Homebrew will still work, you should be able to do browserhax (if you block the nintendo site that asks for the browser update) tubehax should work I think. menuhax will work if you can get it installed.

Plenty of fun things to do besides stealing with a sky3ds+

my N3DS is on 10.1 with menuhax and it's pretty nice. I especially like SVDT for save game management and editing.

6. legofan623

legofan623 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 3, 2011
    United States
    Puyallup, WA
    He's looking for a way to have all his games on the 3DS instead of having lots of carts.

7. gallymimu

gallymimu EE Expert

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Pretty sure his questions said "is there anything that can be done with it"

but I guess you are right, he just wants to BREAK THE LAW BREAK THE LAW (though he's not in the USA so it's probably fine) :) So in that case yeah sky3ds+

8. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    Under 9.9 browserhax will just always work.

9. gallymimu

gallymimu EE Expert

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Oh yeah right, good point!