N3DS XL owners, do any of you have a different color backplate? If so, how does it look?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by duffmmann, Sep 19, 2016.

1. duffmmann
    OP

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    So my backplate on my N3DS broke, after unscrewing it so many times, the thin strip of plastic between the screw and the edge of the plate broke off. Not a big deal, it snaps into place, but I would prefer to get a new backplate that will stay in securely, just for peace of mind I guess.

Anyway, you can buy N3DS XL backplates directly from Nintendo's online store. Each one costs about 9 to 12 dollars, so buying multiple backs wouldn't be ideal. But I'm curious to know how the N3DS XL looks aesthetically with a different backplate. I have the standard black N3DS, I imagine any of these could look cool with it, but it's hard to visualize.

[​IMG]
    So I'm wondering if any of you have gotten a different backplate cover for your N3DS XL, and if so if you have any pics to show off what it looks like, I'd really appreciate it!

2. LinkSoraZelda

LinkSoraZelda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Land of the Rising Orange
    <3 Sgnc6bC.jpg

yuyuyup and duffmmann like this.
  3. AyanamiRei0

AyanamiRei0 GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.

GBAtemp Patron
    AyanamiRei0 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 4, 2016
    United Kingdom
    England I guess
    Now only if Nintendo UK sold those

4. LinkSoraZelda

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    I also did these.
    FB_IMG_1474344004874.jpg

FB_IMG_1474344018649.jpg

5. duffmmann
    OP

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    Those all look great, especially the Zelda one. Aesthetically, do you prefer them looking their original same color through and through, or do you prefer them with the alternate backplate? Or perhaps you have no preference at all?

6. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    Well, the Fates limited edition is white on top and black on bottom by default, so don't worry too much about not having backplates the same color :P

7. duffmmann
    OP

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    I'm not worried. I can just get the original backplate that goes with it if I want. But I just want my 3DS to look as cool as possible haha. I have a standard black N3DS XL, and I'm currently thinking the red backplate.

8. LinkSoraZelda

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Personally, I like the multi colored ones because they look unique. Plus, black and gold plus silver is the perfect combo.