Pacmcmax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello guys

After downgrading my friends 2DS via hardmod and installing Luma3DS i got myself a N3DS XL downgrading process went fine.

Only problem I have now is that the 3DS shuts down without giving a warning (no blinking red lights) combined with a popping sound.
Also the capacity of the battery seems to be odd.
Fully charged it in the morning but didnt play the whole day untill a few mins ago when the 3DS just shut down after 20 Minutes of playing.

Another odd behavior is that the battery indicator in the upper right corner of the home menu is always
Fully charged !
Charging seems fine since the charging LED turns on and turns off after a few hours.

What I noticed with the 3ds the first time I unboxed it was that it couldnt turn on which seems to be an indicator for a deep discharge. Might it be that my battery is faulty ? And how are chances with the warranty after injecting SysNand with a CFW ?
Bought the N3DSXL on ebay --> not used.

Gruß Max

D

Deleted User

I believe that's an issue with either the camera's ribbon cable or one of the screen's ribbon cables, not the battery. They're likely not put in right.

Reactions: Pacmcmax

Pacmcmax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I believe that's an issue with either the camera's ribbon cable or one of the screen's ribbon cables, not the battery. They're likely not put in right.

Sounds like a mistake was made in reassembly from the hardmod.

Sorry if you guys got that wrong

I used a hardmod on the 2DS because it had the 11. Firmware
The N3DSXL i bought had 9.5 so i never had to open it .

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Sorry if you guys got that wrong

I used a hardmod on the 2DS because it had the 11. Firmware
The N3DSXL i bought had 9.5 so i never had to open it .
There still might be something wrong with the ribbon cables, because that loud popping noise is something that happens when the cables are loose.

Returnofganon

I pretend like I know what I'm talking about
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say dont turn it back on as you might cause more harm to the system. You can buy batteries from nintendo for $15. I would say make sure that everything in the system is fine before buying a battery though.

Pacmcmax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There still might be something wrong with the ribbon cables, because that loud popping noise is something that happens when the cables are loose.
I can shake my 3DS like a mad man without it turning off
Gonna check a few videos on youtube to compare the sounds

I would say dont turn it back on as you might cause more harm to the system. You can buy batteries from nintendo for $15. I would say make sure that everything in the system is fine before buying a battery though.

How ? Got some Hints for me I should check first ?

Thank you for your replys :)

Returnofganon

I pretend like I know what I'm talking about
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How ? Got some Hints for me I should check first ?
I would take apart the 3ds and double check the hardmod. While you are at it look up a vid on how to take apart the 3ds and double check the ribbon cables are in properly and secured.

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you buy the N3DS XL new? You should try to return. It sounds like a bad battery or some other minuscule hardware defect. I seriously doubt any ribbon cables would be loose coming from the manufacturer.

Reactions: Deleted User

Pacmcmax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I would take apart the 3ds and double check the hardmod. While you are at it look up a vid on how to take apart the 3ds and double check the ribbon cables are in properly and secured.
the N3DSXL was not hardmodded :)

Did you buy the N3DS XL new? You should try to return. It sounds like a bad battery or some other minuscule hardware defect. I seriously doubt any ribbon cables would be loose coming from the manufacturer.
I bought it new I already contacted the seller... guess Im just gonna buy a new one then :/

Oh by the way is it possible to undo the whole CFW stuff ? Just in case i have to send it in and they check it

Last edited by Pacmcmax,

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you installed Arm9LoaderHax, the only way to remove it is to restore an original sysNAND backup from before it was installed.

Pacmcmax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey just ordered a new battery a few days ago. Yesterday i recieved the new battery and had to realise that the 3DS is the faulty part of this problem.
I contacted the seller and nintendo to recieve a New one or at least get it repaired.
I will let you guys know more after im done with the whole dilemma.

Gruß Max

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉