Hacking N3DS XL Majora's mask edition.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forget what my SN was, QW4001 I think. i didn't confirm but can if you want. But regardless, it was pretty much known that the reprint MM's would be on 9.4 once they announced a late March launch.

chicodiesel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So many people are recommending to do the mono swap but there are no videos on youtube or guides online. :(

This is a simple video / guide written by ifixit. When disassembling the unit, remember to take your time. You don't want to end up ripping the shoulder buttons flex cable. Also, you only need to swap the motherboard, there's no need to disassemble the entire unit. If you plan on selling the red n3dsxl, I would suggest swapping the serial number sticker (with a heat gun or hair dryer) that is located on the back plate.

Guide

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So will ebay prices come down because of this 2nd wave? Is it now as common as the old Zelda 3DS XL?

I doubt it.
I gotines from ebay because bestbuy cancel my preorder.
And this second wave wont be many and people will just list this on ebay for the same price.
I hear each store was only getting 2 to 4.

illicit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've bought about 12 of the 2nd wave mm consoles from frys and the lowest i had was qw1038. i can confirm that it was on 9.4

1427260896958_Edited.jpg

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's weird that your n3ds mm edition was at 9.4 I got mine back when they were being preordered and got lucky enough to get my hands on one. And mine came with Firmware 9.0 and I still haven't updated it. I put zagg screen covers on the top and bottom screen played my sky3ds on it one time and then boxed it back up. I have an older 3ds xl model at fw 9.4 so I just use this for sky3ds and retail games. Guess nintendo waste no time to put newer fw on them to support newer games right out of the box...

This is a new edition of the MM N3DS so it seems normal that the firmware is higher than the original one.

D

Deleted-19228

Nah. You can still get ahold of N3DS's with 9.0 and swap the boards. Maybe in a few months.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I doubt it.
I gotines from ebay because bestbuy cancel my preorder.
And this second wave wont be many and people will just list this on ebay for the same price.
I hear each store was only getting 2 to 4.
Not even close. Today was the final shipment.
Actually, I've been checking and the average seems to have come down from $400+ to around $300.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So will ebay prices come down because of this 2nd wave? Is it now as common as the old Zelda 3DS XL?

You could say it's still "uncommon" - the price point has significatnly jumped however for those with a 9.0 MM LE since this wave is now on 9.4. If a 9.4 exploit is release (which KARL appears to have found) then yeah, price will probably come down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb