N3DS XL error: Unable to mount CTRNAND or load CTRNAND firm

yetispace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So you updated the firmware successfully?
Again, was your sd card tested with h2testw?
Do you have all the necessary .3dsx files on the 3ds folder?
Okay, i don't know how, but i tried a third time and it lauched the homebrew app
it only have the fbi.3dsx in the 3ds file

yetispace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
okay i did not delete anything and did nothing on the sd, but now in the last step of the guide of CTRTransfer i cant acess the gm9 setup when pressing and holdind start, and turning on the console

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, i don't know how, but i tried a third time and it lauched the homebrew app
it only have the fbi.3dsx in the 3ds file
You have to get the others including the Homebrew Launcher from here.
okay i did not delete anything and did nothing on the sd, but now in the last step of the guide of CTRTransfer i cant acess the gm9 setup when pressing and holdind start, and turning on the console
Do you have the Luma folder (payloads) on the root of the sdcard along with the gm9 folder?

yetispace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You have to get the others including the Homebrew Launcher from here.

Do you have the Luma folder (payloads) on the root of the sdcard along with the gm9 folder?
Okay i look for the homebrew from the link, and i put the gm9 in the payload file that was empty, and when i was finishing the guide and removing the CTRTransfer image, i press start to reboot and the error "an expection ocurred" the same one, appeared.

But when i restart the console, it went to the home page normal, but the download app was the normal one, not the homebrew, i entered again and did the L down Select to go to homebrew, and when i was installing the cias, the console freezes, and know when in turn on the red light appears again

I think i have the reverse midas, or a spirit is haunting my console

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay i look for the homebrew from the link, and i put the gm9 in the payload file that was empty,
Ok.
and when i was finishing the guide and removing the CTRTransfer image, i press start to reboot and the error "an expection ocurred" the same one, appeared.
An Arm11 error?
But when i restart the console, it went to the home page normal, but the download app was the normal one, not the homebrew, i entered again and did the L down Select to go to homebrew, and when i was installing the cias, the console freezes, and know when in turn on the red light appears again
You didn't install the cia file of FBI, after you launched the Homebrew Launcher with the Download Play app through Rosalina the first time? The next time, you just open the installed FBI title from the home menu, without the need of switching to Rosalina>Homebrew Launcher> then fbi.3dsx..
I think i have the reverse midas, or a spirit is haunting my console
It sounds like your sd card reader might be failing. Or the sd card or sd card adapter.. Whenever the system tries to read from the sd card (like with the Arm11 Luma3DS error above), or when it tries to write something to the sd card it freezes.. i would start with changing the sd card/adapter..

yetispace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok.

An Arm11 error?

You didn't install the cia file of FBI, after you launched the Homebrew Launcher with the Download Play app through Rosalina the first time? The next time, you just open the installed FBI title from the home menu, without the need of switching to Rosalina>Homebrew Launcher> then fbi.3dsx..

It sounds like your sd card reader might be failing. Or the sd card or sd card adapter.. Whenever the system tries to read from the sd card (like with the Arm11 Luma3DS error above), or when it tries to write something to the sd card it freezes.. i would start with changing the sd card/adapter..
i think it's the sd reader, all the two sd readers that i tested went perfectly on the h2test , so the only way now is changing the sd reader itself, right?

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think it's the sd reader, all the two sd readers that i tested went perfectly on the h2test , so the only way now is changing the sd reader itself, right?
There's no other component that could be responsible other than the sdcard reader.

yetispace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There's no other component that could be responsible other than the sdcard reader.
ye, so i think this is the end, i don't trust myself to do this repair and theres is one that could repair here in my city.
Thanks to all who helped me
it's is possible to desinstall all to go back to the "original" system ?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ye, so i think this is the end, i don't trust myself to do this repair and theres is one that could repair here in my city.
Thanks to all who helped me
It's fairly easy. You just unplug and plug a ribbon cable (of the sd card reader), there's no soldering or anything. The system disassembly is fairly straightforward too, just be careful not to rip the ribbon cable of the shoulder buttons when you first open the system..
it's is possible to desinstall all to go back to the "original" system ?
You mean get it back to being stock? Why, are you planning on selling it or.. ?
There's no need either way, it won't fix your system, in fact it will be more vulnerable if any software issue arises somehow afterwards..

yetispace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's fairly easy. You just unplug and plug a ribbon cable (of the sd card reader), there's no soldering or anything. The system disassembly is fairly straightforward too, just be careful not to rip the ribbon cable of the shoulder buttons when you first open the system..
I could give a try, if its this easy, there is any video or guide that you recommend?

I was not planning to sold or anything, i just wanted to play mario or something like it when i feel like

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could give a try, if its this easy, there is any video or guide that you recommend?
You don't need one, unless you're really clueless about anything electronics.. but not you, since you got this far..
Just read again my comment above. if you feel the need to look at some N3DSXL disassembly video, then go ahead.
You need to get an sd card reader that's specifically made for your system (N3DSXL), and not one that's made for others..
I was not planning to sold or anything, i just wanted to play mario or something like it when i feel like
Then you should keep cfw. There's no advantages in uninstalling it. On the opposite, there's a lot of disadvantages in doing so..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: downloading a couple of puyo puyo ds games