Jedis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

To precede this post, let me state that I am new to the 3DS scene in general, so I am working on getting my knowledge to where it needs to be. This is the first time I've owned a 3DS and used the Gateway firmware and flashcarts. That said...

I've found that the Gateway 3.1.1 beta firmware has frequent lock-ups where my n3DS is trying to load the Gateway menu, or load the emuNAND, and the n3DS just locks up on a black screen. Sometimes, I need to reboot the unit 3-4 times to get it to load successfully.

I realize beta means beta, has known issues and may not work correctly. I am wondering if it's because all of the kinks aren't worked out for the n3DS, or if this is expected behavior - for both the o3DS and n3DS?

Any insight is greatly appreciated in helping me to troubleshoot these issues.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Hello,

To precede this post, let me state that I am new to the 3DS scene in general, so I am working on getting my knowledge to where it needs to be. This is the first time I've owned a 3DS and used the Gateway firmware and flashcarts. That said...

I've found that the Gateway 3.1.1 beta firmware has frequent lock-ups where my n3DS is trying to load the Gateway menu, or load the emuNAND, and the n3DS just locks up on a black screen. Sometimes, I need to reboot the unit 3-4 times to get it to load successfully.

I realize beta means beta, has known issues and may not work correctly. I am wondering if it's because all of the kinks aren't worked out for the n3DS, or if this is expected behavior - for both the o3DS and n3DS?

Any insight is greatly appreciated in helping me to troubleshoot these issues.
Installing game CIA's on sysnand will help stability somewhat.

Jedis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the microSD that came with the n3DS and a Sandisk 64GB Ultra microSD. I had read that card was one of the better ones to use... I even reformatted the card to see if that would help, but no luck.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Installing game CIA's on sysnand will help stability somewhat.
do you want him to brick his 3ds?

it's not recommended to install any .cia to sysnand unless you know what you are doing exactly (and he doesn't know yet, and tbh it will not be needed)
but formatting the 3ds sd is a good step to begin with.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
do you want him to brick his 3ds?

it's not recommended to install any .cia to sysnand unless you know what you are doing exactly (and he doesn't know yet, and tbh it will not be needed)
but formatting the 3ds sd is a good step to begin with.
Should have phrased that better. By sysnand, I mean the sdmc tied to sysnand. That won't hurt anything.
You know, just like regular eshop games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.