Hacking N3DS XL 11.0 hardmod downgrade failing all the time. Options?

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I got Ninjhax loading first try after the 11.0 -> 10.4 downgrade. Isn't the 10.4 firm allowing it to work as if in 10.7 or lower?

If you need many tries to open it, then you didn't successful downgrade the NFIRM.
I have successfully used autofirm many times, lost count of it... but this little guy, this one... it seems like it's not patching the FIRM, seems like it's not working, for some weird reason...
I'm not sure if the autofirm process is "failing" in this NAND for some reason...

Once the patched nand is written back, use the 10.7 payload for CN. From there launch homebrew and psyupdater, pressing Y immediately once it launches.

Also, make sure power is plugged in.
I already tried immediately once it launches and also waited for 5 minutes in the "options screen" with no luck.

I'm almost giving up and returning this console to the customer with a big "sorry, this console cannot be hacked" :P and I know, doesn't make much sense...

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have successfully used autofirm many times, lost count of it... but this little guy, this one... it seems like it's not patching the FIRM, seems like it's not working, for some weird reason...
I'm not sure if the autofirm process is "failing" in this NAND for some reason...

I already tried immediately once it launches and also waited for 5 minutes in the "options screen" with no luck.

I'm almost giving up and returning this console to the customer with a big "sorry, this console cannot be hacked" :P and I know, doesn't make much sense...

Did you do a file compare via hex with original_nand and patched_nand? There should only be a few bytes that are changed if I recall.

If you would like, you can upload the dump some where, I'll patch it and see if that helps any?

Reactions: mvmiranda

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Did you do a file compare via hex with original_nand and patched_nand? There should only be a few bytes that are changed if I recall.

If you would like, you can upload the dump some where, I'll patch it and see if that helps any?
Sounds like a plan to me, man. Thx!
Yeah, I compared the NANDs (original and patched one) in HxD and they are indeed different... there are some differences here and there.

I'm uploading them and will send them to you via PM.

Thx!

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Progress report:

I did it after several days, and you guys wont guess what made it work!

I took the downgraded FIRM NAND and passed it a SECOND TIME time through autofirm, meaning I've downgraded FIRM twice.
After that I injected the double FIRM downgraded NAND into the console and tried OoT. It worked the first time!

Still I don't get what happened... But hey! it worked!

I decided to let you guys know just in case any of you hit this very same issue.

C'ya all around!

Last edited by mvmiranda,

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
This story just reminds me of all the reports of "frankenFIRM"s that went around when downgrading first became a thing. Maybe the first attempted FIRM NAND downgrade did not completely work and you ended up with a frankenFIRM which only got fixed after you tried downgrading again.

Reactions: mvmiranda

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
This story just reminds me of all the reports of "frankenFIRM"s that went around when downgrading first became a thing. Maybe the first attempted FIRM NAND downgrade did not completely work and you ended up with a frankenFIRM which only got fixed after you tried downgrading again.

That could very much be what happened :)
I've done hundreds of downgrades and this was the ONLY time I need to do it "twice".

Cheers!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night