Hacking n3ds won't start up. Just blinks blue for one second.

Smellie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blue light coming on for one second and then turning off isn't a "soft brick", it's A9LH working as expected when you don't have arm9loaderhax.bin on your SD card or NAND. All it means is that you failed to copy Luma's arm9loaderhax.bin to your SD card.
Seriously? That's all? What a relief! So I tried a clean SD card with only arm9loaderhax.bin on it. What I get is in the picture. Can I just continue with 3ds.guide? And can I safely turn the o3ds off and continue tomorrow?

Attachments

• IMAG0343.jpg
    IMAG0343.jpg
    881.5 KB · Views: 300
Last edited by Smellie,

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously? That's all? What a relief! So I tried a clean SD card with only arm9loaderhax.bin on it. What is get is in the picture. What should I do next?
Select "Autoboot SysNAND" and "Show NAND or user string in System Settings" and press Start to save the configuration and boot.

Smellie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I’m a bit confused now. If I retrace my steps then I should say that we have done everything in the guide up to section IV – Restoring the system. That’s why my o3ds says it’s on fw 11.2.

I don’t exactly know what happend after that. I don’t have any files anymore, only the ones from the copy I made of my SD after downgrading to fw 2.1. Now I’m doubting what to do:

1) Copy the SD backup from 2.1 to my sd card and try to process with section V. But maybe I’m missing some files because I didn’t do section IV (because the o3ds already is back on fw 11.2)

2) Start over from section I – Prep work and start over with the guide from there. But I have to do this with my SD backup from 2.1. Does this mess up things?

Sorry for my questions, I'm only trying to repair somebody elses mess.

JCCG1989

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I’m a bit confused now. If I retrace my steps then I should say that we have done everything in the guide up to section IV – Restoring the system. That’s why my o3ds says it’s on fw 11.2.

I don’t exactly know what happend after that. I don’t have any files anymore, only the ones from the copy I made of my SD after downgrading to fw 2.1. Now I’m doubting what to do:

1) Copy the SD backup from 2.1 to my sd card and try to process with section V. But maybe I’m missing some files because I didn’t do section IV (because the o3ds already is back on fw 11.2)

2) Start over from section I – Prep work and start over with the guide from there. But I have to do this with my SD backup from 2.1. Does this mess up things?

Inject FBI with Decrypt9 and voila.

Reactions: Smellie

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Considering you said I was following blank, it's not someone else's mess. You do need to copy over the files if you had games and saves and whatnot that are tied to the nand backup you restored along with the files9 folder, I believe the name is, and the arm9 payload. Basically your SD card should look like what is at the end of 3ds guide.

Texascfdad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the save and game backup should have been in the files9 folder after the nand backup step and include the .Sed files. And restoring the Nandmin.bin should have brought them all back i think. I actually missed the strip of replacing the arm9loaderhax.bin file twice in a row on 2 different consoles and it would power on with a blue light for half a second and then nothing. Had to reread a couple times and follow the link to the troubleshooting in the guide to find out that I was adumbass and missed a step. I don't know why replacing the file was such an easy step to miss.

Smellie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Considering you said I was following blank, it's not someone else's mess.
I just meant, someone else attempted to follow the 3ds.guide and ask me to solve his blinking problem. But it’s easier to write as if I did this, instead of explaining someone else did every reply I give.

Smellie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Make a files9 folder on your sd card. Place the aeskeydb.bin and the fbi injectables in it (Find it yourself). Make a /luma/payloads directory on yourbsd card. Place the hourglass9.bin in it and rename it to start_hourglass9.bin. reinsert the sd card to your 3ds and boot it while holding the 'start' button. Inject fbi.
I did all this with the help of 3ds.guide but for some reason I just can't get fbi installed. After installing hs.app and in Health&Safety Inject I can't choose the fbi file. I only see hs.app again. I already checked my sd and everything is in placed in the right places. Why is this happening?

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
I did all this with the help of 3ds.guide but for some reason I just can't get fbi installed. After installing hs.app and in Health&Safety Inject I can't choose the fbi file. I only see hs.app again. I already checked my sd and everything is in placed in the right places. Why is this happening?
Are you on 11.2?
Are you pressing up/down?

Smellie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I decided to start all over, from installing Decrypt9, because sounhax still works. So, I launched fasthax, and then safehax, but then my screen turned black. When I went back to homebrew I launched safehax again and got an error. It said: [!] PM INIT FAILED! Press [START] to exit. What does this mean?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You already have A9LH .. Starting over will do you absolutely no good. Are you sure you're using the right option in Hourglass9? You don't "install" hs.app. You dump it, so that you can re-inject it later. Are you sure you're using the INJECT option instead of dump when trying to inject FBI?

The only reason why FBI wouldn't show up in the inject list is because you don't have it in your SD card or you're trying to dump, not inject.

Smellie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You already have A9LH .. Starting over will do you absolutely no good. Are you sure you're using the right option in Hourglass9? You don't "install" hs.app. You dump it, so that you can re-inject it later. Are you sure you're using the INJECT option instead of dump when trying to inject FBI?

The only reason why FBI wouldn't show up in the inject list is because you don't have it in your SD card or you're trying to dump, not inject.
I'm certain I did use the inject option for trying to inject FBI.
I only thought of starting over because the o3ds boots normally when I hold start and power. So I figured I don't have decrypt9 anymore.
How can I see if I have A9LH? If I press select and power I get the menu for configuring luma3ds.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I see if I have A9LH? If I press select and power I get the menu for configuring luma3ds.
You have A9LH. (If you didn't, then it would always boot to the 3DS OS regardless of what button was pressed.) To get Decrypt9WIP:
  1. Download the latest release: https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases
  2. Extract Decrypt9WIP.bin and rename it to start_Decrypt9WIP.bin
  3. Place start_Decrypt9WIP.bin on your SD card in the directory: /luma/payloads
If you hold Start and turn the system on, you should get Decrypt9WIP.

Reactions: lonewolf08

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
@Smellie Either way it's impossible to lose A9LH unless you specifically uninstall it. So if you can't launch a program on boot it simply means you don't have the right files on your SD card, you're not using the right key OR you didn't rename the file correctly. In the example above, you press start + power to get Decrypt9, but if you were to rename the file to select_Decrypt9WIP.bin then you would get to Decrypt with select+power. Just make sure the file names aren't overlapping with one another .. One program per one key, of course.

Last edited by Distrance,

Smellie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You have A9LH. (If you didn't, then it would always boot to the 3DS OS regardless of what button was pressed.) To get Decrypt9WIP:
  1. Download the latest release: https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases
  2. Extract Decrypt9WIP.bin and rename it to start_Decrypt9WIP.bin
  3. Place start_Decrypt9WIP.bin on your SD card in the directory: /luma/payloads
If you hold Start and turn the system on, you should get Decrypt9WIP.

Thanks! This worked!
Next dumb question: I am told to inject FBI with Decrypt9. So this is what I did: I placed aeskeydb.bin and the fbi injectables in files9 folder and booted into Decrypt9. Then selected SysNAND Options. But now I'm wondering what to do. Just go to System File Inject?

Smellie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Check sections V and VI here: https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

You'll end up with FBI installed as a CIA, and a copy of Luma3DS installed to CTRNAND, which will allow for booting without an SD card.

I already tried that and it just didn't work! Can you tell me if I have to do all the prep steps first?
If I do prep work step 8 the contents of the arm9loaderhax release .7z I get only payload files. No arm9loaderhax file.
Also, am I correct in thinking that the files9 folder contains the savegames?

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said Sections V and VI. You already have A9LH installed. You don't need to install it again.

The files you need for Sections V and VI:
  • fbi-2.4.2-injectable.zip (use the link from the guide; it's a magnet link, so you'll need to use a torrent client to download)
  • The latest release of FBI
  • The latest release of hblauncher_loader
(Skipping Luma3DS updater for now due to repository issues.)

Extract the contents of fbi-2.4.2-injectable.zip to the /files9/ directory.
The other two are CIAs that you should put in the /cias/ directory.
Proceed with Section V.

(I'm not sure what savegames you're referring to in the files9 directory.)

Smellie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I said Sections V and VI. You already have A9LH installed. You don't need to install it again.

The files you need for Sections V and VI:
  • fbi-2.4.2-injectable.zip (use the link from the guide; it's a magnet link, so you'll need to use a torrent client to download)
  • The latest release of FBI
  • The latest release of hblauncher_loader
(Skipping Luma3DS updater for now due to repository issues.)

Extract the contents of fbi-2.4.2-injectable.zip to the /files9/ directory.
The other two are CIAs that you should put in the /cias/ directory.
Proceed with Section V.

(I'm not sure what savegames you're referring to in the files9 directory.)

For whatever reason, when I want to inject fbi it can only see the hs.app I just dumped. Why is this? It's almost as if the "Health&Safety Inject" can't find my files9 directory.

The savegames I meant are the ones from the games that are installed on the o3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE