N3DS won't boot, only blue led shows up.

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Masanohashi, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Masanohashi
    OP

Masanohashi Newbie

Newcomer
    May 6, 2012
    Poland
    Aye !
    Recently i have bought a used N3DS, the smaller model. It was described as working, altough the touchscreen didn't. Someone did open it up before from what i have seen, but it did boot up. Worked as described, only touchscreen wasn't. I dissasembled it myself, and saw that the touchscreen ribbon was totally worn out. No doubt that it doesn't work. I already have a replacement touchscreen shipped, do that's not the problem. The one that i struggle with is the fact, that after i put it back together, everything the way it was, it won't even boot up. Both screens are Black, only the blue led shows up, and stays that way until i reset it. Also, i've got to admit that some of the connectors, the ones that are known as the ones that arent supposed to be lifted up, were a little loose.
    And the questions of mine. Does the n3ds boot without the tochscreen ribbon attached? It looks to me that it is the culprit, and after i change this one, IT should boot, altough i am worried about the connectors, that i described above. I will try to attach some pics for better understanding, considering the fact that i write like, well

Thanks in advice!

2. mgrev

mgrev Legit Gladiator

Apr 13, 2015
    Norway
    Under Tomato Hentai's stairs
    seems like some other cable is not attatched propperly. i had to disasemble and reassemble an o3ds i was fixing 5 times to get it to work propperly

Masanohashi likes this.
  3. Masanohashi
    OP

Masanohashi Newbie

Newcomer
    May 6, 2012
    Poland
    What would indicate that the console is fried? Also, does the n3ds boot without the R and L ribbons attached? It's a bit of a hassle to put them back together everytime i disassemble/reassemble the console.

4. mudassirul

mudassirul GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2010
    Dont need L or R ribbons but the wireless card needs to connected or you'll only get a blue light. Double check all other ribbons, even if they're half a mm out (or not in straight) you get problems!

try tightening the friction clamps by pressing down on them gently

Last edited by mudassirul, Apr 5, 2016
    Masanohashi likes this.
  5. Masanohashi
    OP

Masanohashi Newbie

Newcomer
    May 6, 2012
    Poland
    So, i have managed to boot up the console. The problem is, that the touchscreen doesent work. The n3ds starts at configuration menu, and there's nothing i can do about it. I am certain that the touchscreen does work. I've swapped it with another console and it did work. The connector looks good as well. Can it be that there's a motherboard malfunction? Does anyone know where is the chip that stands for the tochscreen?

Also, from time to time it takes longer to boot, sometimes even fails at it.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Masanohashi, Apr 16, 2016