N3ds with nand backup of 9.2 on 10.5

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by malaken, Jan 28, 2016.

1. malaken
    OP

malaken Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    All righty then, so i sent in my n3ds because i got the black screen. I got my 3ds back but im not sure if its the same or not for 1. And also, i have a nand backup from before sending it in, can i use this on latest firm to go back to 9.2 or am i stuck till a new fix occurs?

2. blindseer

blindseer Past Generation Gamer

Jan 17, 2015
    United States
    Earth
    If you still have the box it came in, check if the serials match, if its the same, you can have it hard modded to reflash 9.2, if its different you're sol.

3. malaken
    OP

malaken Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Problem with serial is that is is pre-owned from online retailer so no box nor any stickers to indicate what the serial was. So i might be sol huh? If it is tho how would i go about doing the hard mod?

Last edited by malaken, Jan 28, 2016
  4. blindseer

blindseer Past Generation Gamer

Jan 17, 2015
    United States
    Earth
    All you could do is check if your online receipt had a copy of the serial, if not, your best bet is to wait if there is another downgrade window in the future, unlikely as that is, nintendo has been know to open new security breaches while closing old ones.

malaken likes this.
  5. malaken
    OP

malaken Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Alright. I will wait. Thank you for the response. Is there a way to make another nand backup on 10.5 or should i just wait to downgrade and make a new nand then?

6. WeedZ

WeedZ Possibly an enlightened being

GBAtemp Patron
    WeedZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 13, 2015
    United States
    I would personally hardmod. Make a backup of the 10.5 it's on. Flash the 9.2. If it's same console it will work. If it's not it will brick, then reflash the 10.5 you dumped.

Quantumcat and malaken like this.
  7. malaken
    OP

malaken Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    How do i hard mod?

8. WeedZ

WeedZ Possibly an enlightened being

GBAtemp Patron
    WeedZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 13, 2015
    United States
    It's different depending on the model. You can just google 'hardmod (3dsmodel)'.

It takes some soldering skill. If your not comfortable with it @hundshamer was doing it for a price, he might still be in business.

malaken likes this.