N3DS with HAX 2.5 and RXTools EmuNAND has been getting slower and slower I feel.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by linkenski, Nov 7, 2015.

1. linkenski
    OP

linkenski GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2008
    Denmark
    Even to the point that there's now major slowdown in some of my games, not to mention, there's a 1/3 chance that it crashes when I boot homemenuhax or a CFW.

I swear it used to be a lot quicker but last I checked its MicroSD was not fragmented and a scan showed no errors. It was formatted with SDFormatter so everything should be good. It's also a class 10 Sandisk Ultra something which was exactly the one recommended at Nintendo's homepage so I can't be totally off-base here.

Is this common, and is there a fix? I'd love to know why it's happened? I can't help but think it's because of all the hard-shutoffs I've done due to crashes or when running games with HANS.

Also, could it be that messing with overclock plugin in NTR has messed up the default clock-speed settings or something?

peteruk likes this.
  2. Lemon_

Lemon_ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2015
    Argentina
    To me is a placebo effect.

How many games do you have installed on EmuNAND?

3. linkenski
    OP

linkenski GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2008
    Denmark
    I have about 10 games on EmuNAND and one LEGIT CIA installed on sysnand. Don't know if that changes anything.

4. Ripper00420

Ripper00420 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 5, 2013
    United States
    Try copying your whole SD card to your computer, then format and restore to card. It really increased the speed of my emulators and I have over 30 games installed to a 32gb. N3DS 9.0

Don't forget to back up your emunand, and reinject it after the format.

Last edited by Ripper00420, Nov 7, 2015
  5. wsquan171

wsquan171 GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    wsquan171 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 14, 2015
    China
    Have you updated rxtools recently? I just updated to the build released today and found it buggy. Maybe try clean install an older one and see if it works.