Polanker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all.
I installed A9LH on my cousin's N3DS and everything was working fine. But I believe he must have deleted some system files on it. Because now when you boot up the 3DS it has a black screen but you can hear the system menu background music. I can still load up Luma and the other payloads on boot though. Unfortunately, I do not have a SYSNAND backup.

I tried formatting the SD card, updating Luma via PC, and CTRTRANSFER and nothing seems to fix it.

Is there any hope to fix it?

Polanker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Removing the SD card will cause the 3DS to not even start up. The power light will flash on then off.

I also have the arm9loader bin and luma payload files in the correct places on the SD card. Also have the current version of Luma with Autoboot Sysnand enabled.

Finally I performed 9.2 ctr transfer via Decrypt9 and it didn't fix it. Even updated the 3ds via safe mode. Still nothing :(

It's weird because the 3DS boots up but both screen are black and you can hear the background music of the system menu. I can even hear me moving the cursor with the circle pad.

Polanker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried deleting the theme data from the SD card and that did not fix the problem. So it looks like it might be a problem with the system nand?

Polanker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still haven't been able to fix this issue. I have God Mode9 installed as a payload but I dont know what files I have to extract or replace.

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still haven't been able to fix this issue. I have God Mode9 installed as a payload but I dont know what files I have to extract or replace.
You have a US 3ds right?

Go to SD Card through Godmode9, then go to your Nintendo 3ds folder. Go to your sysnand's folder, click A. Then go to extdata.

Press A on 00000000.

Press A on 0000008f.

Press A on 00000000.

Delete 00000005.

That should reset your icon data, including your theme data if I remember correctly.

Sent from my Browser on a New 3DS XL with A9LH

Last edited by Skyshadow101,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Removing the SD card will cause the 3DS to not even start up. The power light will flash on then off.

I also have the arm9loader bin and luma payload files in the correct places on the SD card. Also have the current version of Luma with Autoboot Sysnand enabled.

Finally I performed 9.2 ctr transfer via Decrypt9 and it didn't fix it. Even updated the 3ds via safe mode. Still nothing :(

It's weird because the 3DS boots up but both screen are black and you can hear the background music of the system menu. I can even hear me moving the cursor with the circle pad.

This might be silly but, you also have the second option that ends with (A9LH) enabled, right?

If you already put the latest version of Luma3DS on there, can you access the recovery mode? Perhaps a fresh system update will fix the issue (via recovery mode)? A+R+L+Up(DPad)

Last edited by OrGoN3,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended