N3DS upgraded to 11.3, Blackscreens

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Deathscreton, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Deathscreton
    OP

Deathscreton Member

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2009
    United States
    So my Girlfriend updated her N3DS to 11.3 and unfortunately it blackscreened. Thankfully she has A9LH, unfortunately, she doesn't have any NAND backups, so I've been looking into CTRNAND paths in order to fix it that way. I'm pretty sure I can use a blank CTRNAND from the 3DS hacking guide, however, I know she'll lose all her games and saves doing it this way.

I've also heard of dumping a CTRNAND and just using the "files" from my SYSNAND which is also at 11.3 (not bricked) and fixing it in this manner, but I couldn't find what files needed to go where, nor how to move the files and fix the NAND.

Does anyone have any tips on what can be done, or do I just need to go ahead and use a 9.2 CTRNAND to fix this?

(Also, I know it's stupid. She should have a NAND backup, but I can't find the fucker anywhere. I found mine and my cousin's, but not hers. Go figure.)

2. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
  3. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Update her version of Luma by replacing the arm9loaderhax.bin on the SD card root with the latest version. I have all of my systems on the latest Luma and 11.3 with no issues.

Last edited by KunoichiZ, Apr 2, 2017
  4. Deathscreton
    OP

Deathscreton Member

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2009
    United States
    Oh? I hope it's this easy. I'll give it a try and let you all know. One moment....

That did it! So weird that was the problem. I'll make sure to make her a sysnand backup immediately and make sure to keep in mind that LUMA probably needs to stay update. XD

Thanks guys!