Hacking N3DS Update Issue

guardianoj2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, bit of a noob here and I'm struggling to repair my 3DS.

About 6 months back, I used A9LH and Luma3DS. I've been enjoying it all using FBI and what not.

I updated my system the other day from system settings as I should be able to. It made it through the update and when powering on, I got stuck at a black screen blue light situation. No wifi light.

Booted up into hourglass and restored EmuNAND. Fixed the situation and I was able to boot again. Of course that means no more FBI. It's been a while since I messed around with the firmware or anything like this. I just want to have it the way it was where I was installing cias and playing.

If I have to hard reset or downgrade my firmware and start from the top, that's fine. I just don't know where to start or what guide to use. I'm currently running 9.2.0-20U. Thanks for any help.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hey, bit of a noob here and I'm struggling to repair my 3DS.

About 6 months back, I used A9LH and Luma3DS. I've been enjoying it all using FBI and what not.

I updated my system the other day from system settings as I should be able to. It made it through the update and when powering on, I got stuck at a black screen blue light situation. No wifi light.

Booted up into hourglass and restored EmuNAND. Fixed the situation and I was able to boot again. Of course that means no more FBI. It's been a while since I messed around with the firmware or anything like this. I just want to have it the way it was where I was installing cias and playing.

If I have to hard reset or downgrade my firmware and start from the top, that's fine. I just don't know where to start or what guide to use. I'm currently running 9.2.0-20U. Thanks for any help.
Look at https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax, follow the Move emuNAND section. Then follow Section V which is injecting FBI.

guardianoj2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.. I don't have a EMUNAND VIRTUAL folder. Only sysnand virtual.

My pc has been reformatted since the original CFW install and I don't believe I saved my backups. Am I SOL when it comes to restoring to factory settings? I would love to just start with a fresh copy and work my way back to where I need to be.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

My pc has been reformatted since the original CFW install and I don't believe I saved my backups. Am I SOL when it comes to restoring to factory settings? I would love to just start with a fresh copy and work my way back to where I need to be.
If you don't have an emuNAND then don't worry about the first half. Just follow Section V for injecting FBI.

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: guardianoj2

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

All you probably needed was to update Luma3DS.

guardianoj2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys. Got FBI injected again. Wish I didn't lose all my installed games and saves though. Oh well.

So I was looking at another thread.. They ran out of space installing a cia. I seem to be having that same issue. I see that my Nintendo 3DS folder is like 12GB. I was wondering if I could restore the cias that were lost throughout this process?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So I was looking at another thread.. They ran out of space installing a cia. I seem to be having that same issue. I see that my Nintendo 3DS folder is like 12GB. I was wondering if I could restore the cias that were lost throughout this process?
If you never formatted your system between now and when you installed those games, you can install the tickets and have all the games show up again. Use tikShop.

Also, check under System Settings -> Data Management -> Software ->3DS (I think) and see if the games are listed but greyed out with an X. If they are, then installing the tickets should work. If not, that means they belong to another system (either another physical system or an emuNAND) and you can't get them back. Except in the case of it being an emuNAND from your system - you can restore a backup of it to sysNAND to make the games show up again.

guardianoj2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So that's probably a hard no. They're not greyed out. Can you tell me which files would be safe to delete to make room on my SD?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So that's probably a hard no. They're not greyed out. Can you tell me which files would be safe to delete to make room on my SD?
Have a look in your Nintendo 3DS folder. Are there two id folders (long string of letters and numbers)? Two work out which one to delete, install a small game, then write down the sizes of each folder. Delete the game (through system Settings -> Data Management etc) then look at the sizes again. The one that changed is the one to keep, delete the other one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [He will] only make $1.5 million per night after taxes. Poor guy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My stupid computer chair keeps slowly going down, but I don't notice it goes down, until I'm like reaching up to my desk. I just bought this f er last year.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Does Bruno Mars is gay?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    K3nv2 would know...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only for Bakers
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I heard he has a Wario fetish, but only if no Wizards are around.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    jk with you Bakerman, much love. fist bump.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He really knows how to kneed the dough
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Man. I can't wait til CTGP 8 comes out on Switch, been waiting forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Boners Makes me wanna play Duck Hunt NES
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pooping nice
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is a "Poop de Boop"? I've heard it mentioned several times now but have no idea and can't find anything online bout it. Is it a British term for restroom/bathroom or something?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It is a perfume
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why do we have virgin islands if it's populated
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They should change the name to K3Nv2's Mom islands. (Or before he responds, My Wifeys Islands)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah me saying that's more predictable than you talking about my mom
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hence urewifes so predictable she'd buy every man on the virgin islands
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or they buy her
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    true dat, on that note I'ma try go get some myself, peace!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess she doesn't need to be bought she has your money
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/-GDjDECLDG0?si=MNEjk8rkmioj1xE2