Hardware n3ds touch screen and circle pad replacement?

Derverd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Greetings all!
Currently my n3ds has two parts that do not work and I have no idea what/how to replace them.

1. Touch screen
The bottom touchscreen doesn't work on the left side, this started after I put a microsd card there.

2. Circle Pad
The circle pad is really worn as I nearly exclusively play Super Smash Bros. It is fixed temporarily by lifting it up a little bit but then as soon as its pressed it goes back to being gross. It makes me sad because it makes ssb unplayable T_T

Okay, so, what do I need to buy and how do I fix it?

Any help is appreciated, the sooner I can play Smash with n3ds features the better. <3

tigerfrost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The circle pad will be an easy fix its just a case of removing the back plate the battery then the screws. Its best if you look at a website called ifixit and you can have a better indication of what you are facing.

The thumb stick can be changed easily by 2 screws and a small ribbon, be very careful with the clip that holds the ribbon.. if you snap this then game over.

The screen looks like you have something trapped in the edges, try and clean the sides of the screen with an old toothbrush make sure there is no bitts in the edges of the screen, if that does not work then you would need a replacement. I personally dont like replacing screens on the 3ds due to the small ribbons. Good luck !
:)

Reactions: Derverd

Potato hoarder

Hoarder of Potatoes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Greetings all!
Currently my n3ds has two parts that do not work and I have no idea what/how to replace them.

1. Touch screen
The bottom touchscreen doesn't work on the left side, this started after I put a microsd card there.

2. Circle Pad
The circle pad is really worn as I nearly exclusively play Super Smash Bros. It is fixed temporarily by lifting it up a little bit but then as soon as its pressed it goes back to being gross. It makes me sad because it makes ssb unplayable T_T

Okay, so, what do I need to buy and how do I fix it?

Any help is appreciated, the sooner I can play Smash with n3ds features the better. <3

Super smash bros was a problem for me as I super smashed the circle pad right off of the console. https://gbatemp.net/threads/dpad-installation-o3ds-xl.413638/

mediabob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I swapped my circle pad for one with a Yo-kai Watch logo, was pretty easy to do.

Never done a 3DS screen but the DSi was pretty easy with patience

Edit - as a side note you probably just need to replace the digitizer not the full screen.

Last edited by mediabob,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)