Hacking N3DS- Reinand? Cakes? Pasta? Rxtools??

m00k00

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Title manager isn't showing or games / apps aren't showing?

If you don't have a Title manager on Emunand, you'll need to install it to Sysnand > Backup mSD > Reformat Emunand > Copy contents of mSD back > Confirm it's on Emunand > Unlink nands again (By formatting Sysnand)

This sir, i will try out soon. Thanks for the idea ;)

joemama1995

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the same -

...for some reason it was a tad slower than normal, but only slightly over 10 seconds from hitting the ds profile button.

Okay, that is definitely not how my Rxtools behave. Again, I think it has something to do with the "Quick boot" setting. Did you enable that? I can't seem to get my "Quick boot" setting to take.

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just throwing my experience in here. Im an n3ds owner who uses gateway through mset and then i use reinand through ninjhax. Now reinand seems to have the exact features of gateway excluding the the ability to load .3ds games but with reinand you can play gba .cia files which is flippin awesome. so im gna suggest reinand. i mean its already prebuilt n everything just go to the reinand pastebin n theres links n such all up in dat business.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Just throwing my experience in here. Im an n3ds owner who uses gateway through mset and then i use reinand through ninjhax. Now reinand seems to have the exact features of gateway excluding the the ability to load .3ds games but with reinand you can play gba .cia files which is flippin awesome. so im gna suggest reinand. i mean its already prebuilt n everything just go to the reinand pastebin n theres links n such all up in dat business.

Are you running ninjhax via an installed cubic ninja .cia? My gateway cart is faulty and can't run a .3ds without crashing with the message SD card removed. It's just my luck getting a faulty build. Anyways in my case i'm thinking about going this route, i mean it's one step further but grtting reinand seems to be mainstream now and i ain't a hipster. Di you think it'll work?

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you running ninjhax via an installed cubic ninja .cia? My gateway cart is faulty and can't run a .3ds without crashing with the message SD card removed. It's just my luck getting a faulty build. Anyways in my case i'm thinking about going this route, i mean it's one step further but grtting reinand seems to be mainstream now and i ain't a hipster. Di you think it'll work?

Have you tried the good'ol piece of eletrical tap ontop of the mSD? Could be that the pins aren't making proper contact at all times.

You cannot launch Ninjhax 1.1 from a cia of Cubic Ninja though.

calebsw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How does reinand work with gba cia files? Did you have to install agb_Firm first? Did you install it to sys or emu nand? I've been trying to get it to work, and I think I'm retarded because I'm having no luck whatsoever

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does reinand work with gba cia files? Did you have to install agb_Firm first? Did you install it to sys or emu nand? I've been trying to get it to work, and I think I'm retarded because I'm having no luck whatsoever
not to hijack the thread. but no i didnt do anything with the agb_firm stuff. my emunand and sysnand are linked and i just installed it on emunand. when you close a gba game though it restarts your 3ds

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I would even suggest trying a different sd card just for shits n giggles.
Have you tried the good'ol piece of eletrical tap ontop of the mSD? Could be that the pins aren't making proper contact at all times.

You cannot launch Ninjhax 1.1 from a cia of Cubic Ninja though.
No and no. A different sd card doesn't work. I don't have electrical tape and what do you mean i can't launch ninjhax 1.1? I just set it up a few minutes ago.

calebsw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not to hijack the thread. but no i didnt do anything with the agb_firm stuff. my emunand and sysnand are linked and i just installed it on emunand. when you close a gba game though it restarts your 3ds
Oh, I have to keep nands linked? That must be the missing part of the equation. Thanks for that.

Classicgamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Can I use the gateway n3ds dg mset to boot reinand?

I downloaded reinand 2.1 from the pastebin- which folders go where?

Is .3ds support ever going to be a thing for cfw?

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

If they manage to properly redirect and read from the SD card in order to simulate a cartridge, I would say so. It doesn't mean it's easy though.
There could be also the implementation of code to use a flashcart but like that you would have something like GW all over again. There was an unreleased CFW that had it.

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No and no. A different sd card doesn't work. I don't have electrical tape and what do you mean i can't launch ninjhax 1.1? I just set it up a few minutes ago.

You're launching Ninjhax 1.1 from a cia of Cubic Ninja?
Have you tried launching cfw with it?

You could try a piece of paper, may have to fold it to get enough downward pressure.

Can I use the gateway n3ds dg mset to boot reinand?

I downloaded reinand 2.1 from the pastebin- which folders go where?

You can't use Gateways ROP to launch Reinand, you can replace it using rnInstaller (for NDS flashcart) or FBI / Sudokuhax.

Last edited by usernametaken,

joemama1995

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get the same behaviour. I still get the "Press Any Key to Continue".

I renamed the RxTools folder on my SD Card to "RxTools_" and then copied the RxTools folder from the release over to the SD Card. Then I copied the firmware.bin file from my RxTools_ to RxTools. Anything else I'm missing?

m00k00

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Title manager isn't showing or games / apps aren't showing?

If you don't have a Title manager on Emunand, you'll need to install it to Sysnand > Backup mSD > Reformat Emunand > Copy contents of mSD back > Confirm it's on Emunand > Unlink nands again (By formatting Sysnand)

I tried this now. It's still not working in Emunand. I'm pretty sure the problem is that FBI is compiled for the US region, so that it will not show up in emunand, no matter which CFW (reinand / cakesfw / rxTool) i use. The only CFW taking care of that region lock thingy seems to be Past CFW. Now i guess Free-Multi-Patcher should help me getting everything up and running, but would it be safe to install this to sysnand via Pasta CFW and creating a new emunand at this point again then? Also could i easily remove all traces from FBI and Free-multi-Patcher from sysnand by uninstalling them via FBI with Pasta CFW later? Luckily i've got a full NAND backup, anyways :D

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried this now. It's still not working in Emunand. I'm pretty sure the problem is that FBI is compiled for the US region, so that it will not show up in emunand, no matter which CFW (reinand / cakesfw / rxTool) i use. The only CFW taking care of that region lock thingy seems to be Past CFW. Now i guess Free-Multi-Patcher should help me getting everything up and running, but would it be safe to install this to sysnand via Pasta CFW and creating a new emunand at this point again then? Also could i easily remove all traces from FBI and Free-multi-Patcher from sysnand by uninstalling them via FBI with Pasta CFW later? Luckily i've got a full NAND backup, anyways :D

I'm assuming FBI isn't showing up on your Sysnand either? After CN > Ninjhax > Pasta > Ninjhax > FBI > Install FBI are you launching Pasta again and unwrapping the package (Otherwise it won't show up on Sysnand, idk about Emunand).
I'm fairly certain none of the title managers are region bound.

You can uninstall the apps then format the Sysnand if you want to completely remove any traces.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm assuming FBI isn't showing up on your Sysnand either? After CN > Ninjhax > Pasta > Ninjhax > FBI > Install FBI are you launching Pasta again and unwrapping the package (Otherwise it won't show up on Sysnand, idk about Emunand).
I'm fairly certain none of the title managers are region bound.

You can uninstall the apps then format the Sysnand if you want to completely remove any traces.

Yeah, as far as I know, the CIA managers don't have a specific region. There's only one version that works for all.

Reactions: usernametaken

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol newegg+