Homebrew N3DS recent downgrade issues and Gateway Questions

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just downgraded my 9.6 3DS to 9.2. Im not so sure the downgrade was 100% successful. During the downgrade process a thing popped up saying an error has occured please turn of your 3ds. I did I had a black screen. Unplugged my micro SD card and I was magically on 9.2. I then used browser HAX to install MenuHAX and everything looks good. Im not so sure the downgrade was 100% complete or successful. Im not sure how to tell. The reason I downgraded is so I can use my Gateway to boot my backups. I have the Gateway on my Homebrew launcher, but I cannot boot into gateway mode when I select the app it flashes red and I get a black screen. Any Ideas? Am I doing something wrong? Any other ways to get to gateway mode if you dont have a bootgame and are on New3DS? Once I get into Gateway mode Im going to do the MSET 4.5 downgrade thing. Thanks for the help

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
If your system settings say 9.2 and you haven't noticed anything else so far, it's probably successful. If you have further issues with Gateway / CFW / Internet that might be signs of a failed downgrade.

Do you have the Launcher.dat file on the root of your SD card for the Gateway menu? You must download that first.

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes I do. If I want to retry the downgrade should I update and then downgrade? Or should I just stay on the bad 9.2 and reenter SysUpdater? I installed MenuHAX on this weird 9.2 firmware. Can you do that if it was a bad downgrade?

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
yes I do. If I want to retry the downgrade should I update and then downgrade? Or should I just stay on the bad 9.2 and reenter SysUpdater? I installed MenuHAX on this weird 9.2 firmware. Can you do that if it was a bad downgrade?
Well, MenuHax works on almost all newer firmware versions now so hard to say. Is your Gateway cart in your 3DS when you try to enter the menu? If so, you must hold L, otherwise it tries to go straight into EmuNAND.

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my 3ds to 10.3 and then I did the downgrade. I think this downgrade was successful. It went through the whole thing and then it said restarting in 10 seconds. I got Gateway to open but the 3D is bad in gateway mode. Everything is double imaged. It does it on the menu and even in the game. Any ideas?

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I updated my 3ds to 10.3 and then I did the downgrade. I think this downgrade was successful. It went through the whole thing and then it said restarting in 10 seconds. I got Gateway to open but the 3D is bad in gateway mode. Everything is double imaged. It does it on the menu and even in the game. Any ideas?
Close your 3DS lid and then open it :)
It's a bug in all CFW / Homebrew on N3DS. They're working on it. It's even noted on Gateways site.

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so now I am creating emuNAND. One last question. So on my old 3DS I think my emuNAND was like 10.3 or something. Can I do the same on the new 3DS? I could have sworn I saw something saying something about new 3DS and emuNAND. Thanks

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so now I am creating emuNAND. One last question. So on my old 3DS I think my emuNAND was like 10.3 or something. Can I do the same on the new 3DS? I could have sworn I saw something saying something about new 3DS and emuNAND. Thanks
EmuNAND on New3DS only has support up to 9.5. You can grab the 9.5 update package and use sysUpdater to update to that if you want. Hopefully with all the new discoveries, N3DS might soon be able to go higher as well, but for now, no.

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But how would you access sysUpdater from EmuNAND if you are already in gateway mode? Also is there a way to get around the fact that you cannot access Eshop or play games on wifi since EmuNAND isnt fully up to date?

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
But how would you access sysUpdater from EmuNAND if you are already in gateway mode? Also is there a way to get around the fact that you cannot access Eshop or play games on wifi since EmuNAND isnt fully up to date?
Install the Homebrew Launcher by yellows8 and run that from inside your EmuNAND.

Yes, you can spoof your firmware and access the eShop using HANS or if you're in Gateway mode, even easier, use the Multi patcher (as described in the thread I linked), and that way have access to all online features, like game updates, NNID and the eShop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.