Hacking N3DS preparation for CFW and pre-installed game transfer

DinckelMan

Your Favorite Water Mage!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought myself a N3DS with 10.7 and while i got everything needed to install my stuff I've got a question.

The 3DS came with a pre-installed game on the SD card. How do i transfer this game or back it up before i wipe the card while settings up RedNAND? I cant access the eShop to bind the game to my account since it's not on the latest FW

Ironknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just bought myself a N3DS with 10.7 and while i got everything needed to install my stuff I've got a question.

The 3DS came with a pre-installed game on the SD card. How do i transfer this game or back it up before i wipe the card while settings up RedNAND? I cant access the eShop to bind the game to my account since it's not on the latest FW
Use httpwn from the homebrew launcher, after that access the eshop from WITHIN THE HOMEBREW LAUNCHER. After that you are good to link the game to your account :)

DinckelMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use httpwn from the homebrew launcher, after that access the eshop from WITHIN THE HOMEBREW LAUNCHER. After that you are good to link the game to your account :)

It seems that the old eShop HB is only for 10.4 and lower. Gets stuck on yellow screen on 10.7

DinckelMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Open ctr-httpwn through Homebrew Launcher
2) Exit Homebrew Launcher to Home Menu without rebooting
3) Open regular eShop
4) ???
5) Profit

Just tried doing this, the 3DS "freezes" when i press X. If i press the power button i get the "Keep this on if you want streetpass" screen. If i press Home from there it gets stuck there again until i press Power again.

Edit: On the second attempt it completely froze without me even being able to reach the Power menu

Last edited by DinckelMan,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried doing this, the 3DS "freezes" when i press X. If i press the power button i get the "Keep this on if you want streetpass" screen. If i press Home from there it gets stuck there again until i press Power again.

Edit: On the second attempt it completely froze without me even being able to reach the Power menu
It should be working if you exit to the Home Menu without rebooting. (using Start and whatever button the non-rebooting option is). Using the Power button just turns off ctr-httpwn. I don't know what to tell you because it worked for me when my Japanese n3DS was on 10.7 and I didn't want to update it.

DinckelMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like the N3DS wasn't as lucky with the downgrade and it crashed during one of the final steps. Oh well, nothing serious. Currently using the DSi-Ware downgrade.

The following is mentioned in the Plailect's guide:
  • Move DSiWare titles when prompted!
  • Do NOT delete the target system's SD card contents when prompted

The system transfer app says the following as soon as i select the source and the destination though:
"The transfer process will replace all data on the target system with that of this system. All data on this system will then be deleted. Continue?"

This is really contradictory and I am confused.

Reactions: Quantumcat

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like the N3DS wasn't as lucky with the downgrade and it crashed during one of the final steps. Oh well, nothing serious. Currently using the DSi-Ware downgrade.

The system transfer app says the following as soon as i select the source and the destination though:
"The transfer process will replace all data on the target system with that of this system. All data on this system will then be deleted. Continue?"

Meaning, that one of the consoles is going to be formated during the system transfer.

DinckelMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meaning, that one of the consoles is going to be formated during the system transfer.

I get that, but should I press yes though?

Sorry if I'm asking really silly questions but this is really confusing to me even though the main part of the guide is 100% self-explanatory and deeply detailed.

Last edited by DinckelMan,

DinckelMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so after all the pain with the transfer I've finally got to the dgTool menu and dumped my .bin from 11.0, but when I open it back and try to downgrade to 10.4 Native_Firm it gives me an error saying "Failure opening sd files" and I can't seem to find anything related to this

Ironknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Oh no! It happens often that it crashes, have you at least tried to boot it without the SD?

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
It should be working if you exit to the Home Menu without rebooting. (using Start and whatever button the non-rebooting option is). Using the Power button just turns off ctr-httpwn. I don't know what to tell you because it worked for me when my Japanese n3DS was on 10.7 and I didn't want to update it.
I think the problem is the way of sdiconhax works that it don"t let you return to the Home Menu, maybe he was using MenuHax and that caused the problem.
But yes it works without other Homebrew Exploits to return for me also.

epmode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After rebooting 5 million times and moving files here and there I'm finally running 11.0 with Luma :D
Which files did you have to move? I just realized that I may have deleted SD files on the target system when performing the system transfer and I'm running into the same "failure opening sd files" when trying to donwgrade to 10.4.

I don't know how I missed the option!

Do I have to do the system transfer all over again (meaning, wait a week)?

Last edited by epmode,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol