Homebrew N3DS on 9.6, eshop access through hax 2.5?

thebatdadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have hax 2.5 running on my brand new N3DS, but if I try to access the eshop through the homebrew channel I get this message:

"to use nintendo eshop, you must accept the latest version of the Nintendo 3DS service user agreement. Press home to return to the home menu"

Any idea how to get around this? There is no NNID set on the system yet.

Also, is there any way to use menuhax without having to turn off the system and then turn it on again? On my old 3DSXL if I press the power button and then hold the L button while going back to the home menu I can load the homebrew channel. For some reason this method won't work on my N3DS and the only way I can access the homebrew channel on my N3DS is to hold L while powering on the system. Any help?

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I have hax 2.5 running on my brand new N3DS, but if I try to access the eshop through the homebrew channel I get this message:

"to use nintendo eshop, you must accept the latest version of the Nintendo 3DS service user agreement. Press home to return to the home menu"

Any idea how to get around this? There is no NNID set on the system yet.

Also, is there any way to use menuhax without having to turn off the system and then turn it on again? On my old 3DSXL if I press the power button and then hold the L button while going back to the home menu I can load the homebrew channel. For some reason this method won't work on my N3DS and the only way I can access the homebrew channel on my N3DS is to hold L while powering on the system. Any help?
OOH. NO NNID. GO FOR IT. DO THE ESHOP SPOOF.

thebatdadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to system settings and then close it, pressing L while doing so.
Thanks, that worked!

So for the eshop I'm basically screwed? Did I mess up by trying to access the eshop or is it basically impossible nowadays on 9.6? I looked up the eshop spoof but apparently that is only for 9.0-9.2 firmwares?

Phanton

GBAtemp's Nui lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks, that worked!

So for the eshop I'm basically screwed? Did I mess up by trying to access the eshop or is it basically impossible nowadays on 9.6? I looked up the eshop spoof but apparently that is only for 9.0-9.2 firmwares?
There was a spoofer available not to long ago for 9.3+users but it got patched real quick. Source code was released though, so it may be fixed in the future, so if you are not in a hurry just wait.

thebatdadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a spoofer available not to long ago for 9.3+users but it got patched real quick. Source code was released though, so it may be fixed in the future, so if you are not in a hurry just wait.

Got it, I just wanted to update Pokemon but it can wait. Thanks again!

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you can download game updates without an NNID, can't you? Just not demos or much of anything else.
you can still purchase things, but free software and demos require an ID. I should go check updates right now... game updates do not require an ID. I went and set up one of my systems and went straight to the eShop.

Last edited by ihaveahax,
Reactions: daxtsu

thebatdadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm well I think it's asking me to accept the user agreement since I've never actually accessed the eshop before. I'm just afraid to go into the eshop since I don't want to get that "you need to update your system" message and then be completely screwed.

So you guys think I should just try going into the eshop normally and accepting the terms if given the option, but don't actually make a NNID? All I'm interested in are game updates for online play basically

Last edited by thebatdadd,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm well I think it's asking me to accept the user agreement since I've never actually accessed the eshop before. I'm just afraid to go into the eshop since I don't want to get that "you need to update your system" message and then be completely screwed.

So you guys think I should just try going into the eshop normally and accepting the terms if given the option, but don't actually make a NNID? All I'm interested in are game updates for online play basically
you should try it out.

it sounds like you're worried about the "system update" message becoming permanent, which is only for the browser I think.

Bowl0l

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi. Excuse me for being a jerk.

Is there a thread to follow for 3DS eshop spoofing?

I am on 10.1, with NNID and i really want to buy games from eshop.

MHU4 and Rune Factory 4

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have access to the eShop on 9.6.0-24U. I'm not sure which exploit it is. I see menuhax-manager on it so I'm guessing it's that or *hax, I really have no clue, but can I download apps (my nnid isn't linked yet)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @Psionic Roshambo i didn't go amd for one specific reason, the AI performance is way behind nvidia
    +1
    i just got a 4070ti
    oh yeah also DLSS is a pretty solid reason to go nvidia since fidelityfx is kinda crap
    and now with the rtx video upscaling, and sdr->hdr conversion, even more reason to go nvidia
    both of which work well in potplayer
    amd is a bit cheaper though
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Cheaper and they are less stingy with the RAM not a big issue now but I can imagine in a yard or two things might be different
    Year not yard lol
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more