Homebrew N3DS not booting because of luma 8.0 and old b9s

alwe2710

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have recently tried to install the new b9s and luma 8.0. But I made a big mistake, I installed Luma first and wrote it directly to the CTRnand. After this the N3DS didn't want to boot anymore, it just flashes about one second with the blue led in the typical glowing effect. Just moving a old luma boot.firm to the SD's root doesn't work. How can I update b9s now or downgrade luma again to get my NDS booting. Would a Hardmod help?

Last edited by alwe2710,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Define "wrote it directly to ctrnand"

Did you install Luma directly as bootloader (confusing it with the B9S files) or still have B9S installed and just actually copied it to ctrnand for SD-less boot?

In the second case, boot.firm from the SD should always be preferred to the one from ctrnand, weird...

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure boot.firm isn't corrupted. It happened to me and my 3ds kept trying to boot the outdated boot.firm on my ctrnand.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rename the B9S installer to boot.firm then copy it to the SD card and the 3ds will autoboot it when you power on. Upgrade B9S then Luma 8.0 will work.

Remove the SD card after updating then if the 3ds boots Luma 8.0, copy Luma 8.0 boot.firm to the SD card root.

Last edited by driverdis,
Reactions: alwe2710

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry I let @HiradeGirl get into my alcohol