N3DS MicroSD Management Now Not Showing Up in Network

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by LanceBladestorme, Dec 12, 2016.

1. LanceBladestorme
    OP

LanceBladestorme Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2016
    United States
    I've seen multiple threads on this issue, but none seem to answer the issue I'm facing. I'm currently unable to connect my 3ds's microSD card in mostly all of the networks I've tried so far including my home wifi. In total, I've tried 4 networks, and only 1 of them has worked (my phone's hotspot), but for obvious reasons I can't use this regularly because of my limited data plan. This leads me to believe that I'm dealing with an access point issue of some sort, but I'm unsure how to fix it. Does anyone have an idea? I would enjoy being able to use this on my normal wifi network.

2. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    EDIT: Never mind, i'm sleep deprived and read the post wrong! :)

Last edited by Jao Chu, Dec 12, 2016
  3. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    the homescreen version wouldn't fix this, it's probably some firewall feature causing issues, if all else fails maybe consider getting something like ftbroney (or whatever it's called)

ps it shouldn't use any of your phones data plan, the sd management app doesn't go though the internet it's just a local network, you could probably even turn off the mobile data connection while running it if your worried :)

4. LanceBladestorme
    OP

LanceBladestorme Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2016
    United States
    I currently do not have custom firmware, but I do have homebrew installed. As for ftbroney, I actually have that installed and I'm having a similar issue in that it's not connecting to the FTP server in all wifi networks except my mobile wifi. Out of curiosity, when I run ftbroney, is that using data?

5. LanceBladestorme
    OP

LanceBladestorme Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2016
    United States
    After looking a little more into the issue using FTBrony. I'm still pretty sure it's a router security issue. I can't connect at all to the FTP server. When I try to ping the server, I get timed out, and when I try view it in browser, I get a couldn't find "10.XXX.XXX.XXX". Still unsure if there is a clear way to resolve this issue and allow it work on a wifi network other than my phone.