Hardware N3DS may be bricked... Help?

JasonPlays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Click the link down below for the video, which will give a visual view of my problem in case you need it.

I come home to my N3DS today, and I was able to turn it on no problem and enter my code. However once I got to the home screen the cursor just kept moving left. I managed to get into the settings and I recalibrated my circle pad. However after I tried to exit the settings app, it booted back to the password entry screen and it puts in two characters when I tap a button once. Also the left D-pad trigger does not work, which may be my problem. Tried removing my SD card to boot, and it just freezes at the Luma config menu. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It let me get in, but my cursor still keeps going to the left and some of my buttons will not work. Any help with that?

Either try recalibration again or your buttons may be broken, but probably not. Check to see if your dpad is stuck or something

JasonPlays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either try recalibration again or your buttons may be broken, but probably not. Check to see if your dpad is stuck or something
It's my dpad. Can confirm because I can move all my other controls right while my dpad just stays stuck unless i press up or down. Can't I just pry it off or something if there's dust down there? I have no way of getting into the motherboard and no experience with soldering.

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's my dpad. Can confirm because I can move all my other controls right while my dpad just stays stuck unless i press up or down. Can't I just pry it off or something if there's dust down there? I have no way of getting into the motherboard and no experience with soldering.

Try getting it A LITTLE wet so if there's something sticky it gets out of there. If it's dust you might be able to use a compressed air can, but don't quote me on any of that I've never had a problem with this, and even if I have I'm too lazy to fix it

JasonPlays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try getting it A LITTLE wet so if there's something sticky it gets out of there. If it's dust you might be able to use a compressed air can, but don't quote me on any of that I've never had a problem with this, and even if I have I'm too lazy to fix it
Tried the first thing, no luck. Will pick up a compressed air can tomorrow and try that. Thanks for your help!

Reactions: Enovale

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You will probably have to replace your D-Pad.
But you can try canned air, try to blast it into all the crevices around the D-Pad, REMEMBER TO HOLD THE CAN UPRIGHT or you'll be blasting liquid right into the console. Twist the console instead, while keeping the can upright. Only use short (few seconds max) bursts or you might be blasting liquid into the console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol