Hardware [N3DS LL] Trying to covering a scratch + coloring 2 pieces of rubber

Bohamad93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
I was fixing the right speaker because it was buzzing and i did. but i scratched a thing by mistake when i was trying to remove a white rubber so hard.

I lost my both white rubber so i used black rubber from old 3ds
so i need to fix that scratch and coloring the black rubber to white rubber.

black rubbers:
http://i.imgur.com/ZwAWfyn.jpg
that i took from this:
http://i.imgur.com/G8gITar.jpg

the scratch:
http://i.imgur.com/OX33zM7.jpg

what do i need to fix these things ?

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Well since I work at a paint store I'd recommend getting a spray can of white alkyd enamel. Flat/Matte or lowsheen will work best to match the sheen of the 3DS. Just spray a little bit onto some cardboard and use a cheap foam brush to touch up and blend in the scratch.

Returnofganon

I pretend like I know what I'm talking about
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want a really good job I would suggest taking off the rubber things, spray painting them white (With a spray that sticks to rubber) and adding a clear coat to them. You could do the same for the scratch but for that but just taking some regular paint and a brush would work also

Luckkill4u

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
If you want a really good job I would suggest taking off the rubber things, spray painting them white (With a spray that sticks to rubber) and adding a clear coat to them. You could do the same for the scratch but for that but just taking some regular paint and a brush would work also
Yup, sorry forgot you wanted to paint the rubbers @OP. The alkyd enamel will work just fine but be sure to use very little amount of paint and multiple coats. If you apply too much or don't wait long enough between coats the paint can stay a bit tacky. Don't use Lacquer or Acrylic because lacquer will melt the rubber and acrylic is too soft.

Don't add a clear coat, its not needed

Last edited by Luckkill4u,

Luckkill4u

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
That looks like an acrylic. It MAY work but acrylics are know to be softer and would probably wear off quite easily. I recommend an Alkyd or "oil based" paint because they dry much harder and would match the paint thats on the 3ds already.

btw that gallon of paint is like 500x more than you need lol

Like:
160cbb6a-f929-4dc3-9601-5df759c8f7ac_1.f0a9718713eb4be5604f2332cf15ac60.jpeg

Bohamad93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
That looks like an acrylic. It MAY work but acrylics are know to be softer and would probably wear off quite easily. I recommend an Alkyd or "oil based" paint because they dry much harder and would match the paint thats on the 3ds already.

btw that gallon of paint is like 500x more than you need lol

Like:
160cbb6a-f929-4dc3-9601-5df759c8f7ac_1.f0a9718713eb4be5604f2332cf15ac60.jpeg

krylon colormaster 340g
krylon satin almond

http://www.thepaintstore.com/v/krylon/Interior-Exterior.JPG

need help picking the color :)

Luckkill4u

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: Bohamad93

Bohamad93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
I'd recommend Satin Almond, Satin Ivory or Flat White. Unfortunately LCD screens aren't really true to colour. Just hop down to your local paint store and look at the lids of the spray cans it should be the same colour as the paint inside. You can match it more visibly with your eye's.

Most thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: shit like goku mui and beerus and other dbs stuff lmao