1. EddieEddie90

OP EddieEddie90 GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    I want to keep my 3ds's nand as outdated as possible so I can hack it in the distant future, just in case something happens with the cfw sysnand. Can the downgrade be done? also, there is no info on this matter on plailect's site, I didn't find anything.

2. Uumas

Uumas GBAtemp Addict

Finland
    There's no reason to downgrade. There's no way to accidentally uninstall boot9strap.

3. EddieEddie90

OP EddieEddie90 GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    I want to take measures, just in case...

I once bricked by accident (deleted a system file while using FBI, yeah, was kinda stupid) but fortunately found a way to get the console up and running. Can't remember what I did, though.

4. Uumas

Uumas GBAtemp Addict

Finland
    There's NO WAY to accidentally remove boot9strap. As long as you have a nand backup you can recover from basically anything and there's definitely NO SITUATION where it would be good to be on lower firmware if something went wrong.

5. hectortillo

hectortillo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    with the magnethax you can reflash any firmware you want, and also is copatible with every 3ds, old and new, so the only thing you could need would be the firmware if you "accidentally" delete a system archive, there is a block level to not let to erase them, but in any case if you want the system firmware there is in the download section in the "Way of the Gate" page of a flashcard if you know what i want to say, if not so sorry there isnt good to send links to illegal files, sorry

6. Garro

Garro Pendulum of souls!

Chile
    I feel like you're under the misconception that being in a lower firmware is better hack-wise, which in the 3DS scene it doesn't, and considering you already had an accident that bricked your system, downgrading your console would be putting yourself in a risky situation with no benefit whatsoever. But if you still want to proceed, you should look on old guides that still have instructions for downgrading.

NFates and Quantumcat like this.
  7. nWo

nWo The Game Master

Mexico
    Do not downgrade, on 3DS there`s no need to do that. You can use homebrew and cfw on the latest without issue, at least I can confirm this until today. So, no need to do that.

8. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    All firmwares are hackable now. Even a bricked 3DS can be fixed and a 3DS without a NAND chip can boot into emunands.
    Nothing could happen to B9S to cause it to uninstall itself.
    Yes, but all that does is make it so your 3DS can't play as many games.
    That's because you can't downgrade before installing CFW, and once you have CFW there's no reason to downgrade.
    Sounds like you used a CTRtransfer. Those can be used even if your sysnand is bricked, as that won't remove B9S and you can still boot into boot.firms.

NFates, EddieEddie90 and Quantumcat like this.
  9. Caofre

Caofre Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I want to know if its possible to downgrade,i haven't done a jailbreak on my 3DS yet,thats what i want to do,but i heard you cant jailbreak without a second jailbroken device,unless its an older version.

10. Hunter

Hunter i'ma stuffup the board
    Former Staff

Australia
    if you are on version 11.4 or higher, you need either a ntrboot flashcard, or seedminer ($2 https://gbatemp.net/threads/seedminer-fc-and-mining-help.496114/ )

note for everyone else:

you cannot downgrade your system without having cfw on it. and if you are on 11.4 or higher, there is no free cfw

11. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Psycho!

Canada
    No you cannot downgrade your console without CFW installed. And once it is. it basically renders the point of downgrading useless.

Last edited by lone_wolf323, Jul 29, 2018
  12. Caofre

Caofre Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Welp,i want to install CFW so i want to downgrade to install it easily but guess it aint gonna happen

13. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Official Cubi™ Genderfluid Gang!

Antarctica
    If you want to be safe, downgrading is the least safe method. Buy an NTRBoot compatible cart and you are safe from everything. NTRBoot is a bootrom exploit and the only thing it can't fix is an MCU brick (which will never happen to you.) There is no reason to keep your system as out of date as possible, it won't protect you, and it isn't future proofing your system.

14. Caofre

Caofre Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I was just planning on downgrading,installing CFW and upgrading again,i think it should be safe

15. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Official Cubi™ Genderfluid Gang!

Antarctica
    There is no reason to do that either. If you are below 11.4, then you just need to use a free method through soundhax. If you are 11.4+, then you need to use a method like seedminer, dsiware exploit, hardmod, or NTRBoot (I personally suggest NTRBoot)
    Downgrading is completely unnecessary in this day and age.

16. Caofre

Caofre Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Well,ok thanks for the help,im gonna try doing seedminer.

17. zaku

zaku GBAtemp Regular

Uganda
    Still no reason to downgrade huh?

Anyone knows if it's possible to downgrade from 11.8?

Last edited by zaku, Aug 1, 2018
  18. sapfel93

sapfel93 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    If this is about piracy, you should be fine as long as you don't use freeshop or any freeshop clones.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - downgrade, possible, [N3DS]