N3DS Hyrule on 9.9... Trying to figure it out.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ikarius031, Apr 29, 2016.

1. ikarius031
    OP

ikarius031 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    Canada
    Hey guys,
    I've been looking around here and on youtube for tutorials how to downgrade my N3DS Hyrule so I can install a CFW. It came with 9.9. From what I understand you can't just go out there and directly downgrade it with SafeSysUpdater.

So I am wondering what should I do, I just bought the unit brand new and I don't want to softbrick it or anything.

Thanks for the help !

2. Minnow

Minnow GBAtemp Fan

Oct 5, 2015
    Canada
    Use browserhax to install menuhax and downgrade.

3. iAqua

iAqua feel the... envy.

GBAtemp Patron
    iAqua is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 7, 2015
    Canada
    You actually can just downgrade it out of the box, although you need to put a couple files on the sd card. Il link you to this. Follow it to Part 3 for a simple cfw or Part 5 for the best of the best. https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/OTP-Info

4. ikarius031
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    Canada
    I read somewhere to never downgrade 9.9 to 9.2 directly or it can softbrick... Unless it was an old tutorials and things changed since.

EDIT: Nvm... Very good tutorial !! Thanks a lot iAqua ! :)

Last edited by ikarius031, Apr 29, 2016
  5. iAqua

iAqua feel the... envy.

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Dec 7, 2015
    Canada
    Of course there is a chance to softbrick, but it can be easily recovered from. All you need to do is redowngrade if you softbrick. If that doesn't work upgrade with recovery mode and downgrade again. You will need The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of time, and a powersaves to redowngrade if you have to update to the latest. You can also redowngrade with Cubic Ninja/supermysterydungeon.

6. ikarius031
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    Canada
    Dammit, it crashed during the downgrade... now I got a brick... softbrick probably (black screen) cant return to homebrew.

EDIT: nvm... seems rmoving my SD card was the way to go

7. 3DSPoet

3DSPoet GBAtemp Fan

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    If you can get a copy of Fire Emblem: Fates, it contains an update to 10.3 firmware, which is a safe level to downgrade to 9.2

Love my shiny golden Hyrule n3DS! ^_^

ikarius031 likes this.
  8. iAqua

iAqua feel the... envy.

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Dec 7, 2015
    Canada
    #TeamHyruleN3DSXL's! @ikarius031 Don't reupdate incase you have too try to get back into browserhax and redowngrade.

ikarius031 likes this.
  9. ikarius031
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    Canada
    It took me a while to get it working (had to reinstall menuhax) but there was only one file that didnt downgrade, and it downgraded successfully. I'm now dumping my sysNAND. Damn, it's easier to hack this than it was for my o3DS which still uses rxTools because for some reason I cant make anything else work with it. And yes, I bought my Hyrule edition today, there was like 10 at Walmart, costed me a bit, but at least I'll have a N3DS which I see much better the 3D and I'll be able to stream to my computer using NTR ! :D Only thing, I bought a f***ing SD card, I didnt know it was microSD... oh well. 4gb is small but it will do for now...

10. iAqua

iAqua feel the... envy.

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Dec 7, 2015
    Canada
    Are you gonna do arm9loaderhax? It's slightly risky, but if you brick you can get another one from walmart free through the warranty ;p

11. 3DSPoet

3DSPoet GBAtemp Fan

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    LOL, glad you got it working! Not ONLY is it a microSD, but it's built into the accursed thing. :P Terrible, terrible design choice....

On the upside, once you get a bigger one put in there, you can use the SDCard manager rather than having to crack the thing open all the time.

ikarius031 likes this.
  12. ikarius031
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    Canada
    How risky is it ?

EDIT: Yes 3DS poet.... it is a bad design indeed.

13. Davidosky99

Davidosky99 Eevee :3

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    Not risky at all if you follow the guide entirely and don't skip steps

Last edited by Davidosky99, Apr 29, 2016
    ikarius031 likes this.
  14. 3DSPoet

3DSPoet GBAtemp Fan

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    It's always good to put your typos in bold to help people find them! ^_^ I assume you meant entirely. :P

15. Davidosky99

Davidosky99 Eevee :3

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    sorry typing on the phone isn't exactly the best thing ever... :P

3DSPoet likes this.
  16. ikarius031
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    Canada
    Ok stuck again....

1. Press B on Decrypt9, then go to "EmuNAND Options" and select the "Health & Safety Inject" option
    2. Press down once to select FBI_inject_with_banner.app, then press A to inject
    I tried that, but when I do the inject option it asks me to input a series of inputs and then says EmuNAND not found, but I followed the tutorial ! I got my RedNAND which is not an emunand... but there were no instruction about that.

EDIT: For some reason it worked now... Go figure...