N3DS help; accidentally used tinyformat w/ Ironhax and everything's gone

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Ironn3, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Ironn3
    OP

Ironn3 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2016
    United States
    So I was trying to downgrade my n3ds and I accidentally used tinyformat. Now the data is still on the card but everything on the menu is gone. I tried to install browserhax but I either couldn't get it working or figure out how to do it. I really would appreciate if there was a way to get it back. I'm on 10.1 and had Ironhax, browserhax and tubehax installed if it helps

2. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    How do you "accidentally" use tinyformat while trying to downgrade? Doesn't it require multiple button presses?

Anyhow, if browserhax isn't working you're fucked. Buy a copy of cubic ninja or OOT3D if you want to get back in the game.

Memoir likes this.
  3. reiyu

reiyu Canadian, eh?

Jan 8, 2008
    Canada
    THIS.

anyways, your data is basically useless now. your system ticket(s) won't match the folder IDs anymore even if you copy paste everything. no hope on getting that back as far as i know.

4. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    A lot of antsy newbies "accidentally" doing things. No, you can't get anything back unless you have a backup..

Tip: READ THE PROMPTS CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW THE STEPS EXACTLY AS WRITTEN OR YOU WILL HAVE A BAD TIME.