mary1517

OP
Trophies
Website
www.behance.net
XP
Country
Poland
I had a N3DS on 10.3, with Menuhax and played with the legit CIA installations a bit. After reading here on gbatemp that it's safe to update to 10.5 and my installed CIAs won't stop working, I did just that - updated my system.
After the update finished and my system rebooted, the screen just turned black. The blue and yellow lights where on, but there was nothing on the screen, and I can't get to home menu. I can only turn the console off.
The system turns this way only if the SD card is in it, if I remove it, everything is normal, just an error message pops on the screen saying "an error has occured. Please save all you currently running games and restart the system". Ignoring the error and not rebooting, I can then instert the SD card again and the installed CIAs work fine, and everything is normal. It's just somethings not right at the very boot process...

What causes the black screen? The cias? I redownloaded the games from e-Shop so I doubt that. Or is it something else on the SD card like some Menuhax files? I have the small version of N3DS, I don't feel like unscrewing the bottom cover plate to remove the SD card everytime I turn on the system...
Please help.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Boot your 3DS with the SD card out and then just change the theme to remove MenuHax (re-insert it if necessary once in the Home Menu). Since you didn't update MenuHax, it's causing the Home Menu to crash.

mary1517

OP
Trophies
Website
www.behance.net
XP
Country
Poland
It worked! Thank you.
So I have to update MenuHax then and I can still use it to enter the Homebrew menu? i thought you can't use Menuhax at all on 10.5 for some reason.
I'll go and check some threads about that.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
It worked! Thank you.
So I have to update MenuHax then and I can still use it to enter the Homebrew menu? i thought you can't use Menuhax at all on 10.5 for some reason.
I'll go and check some threads about that.
Yes, menuhax works on 10.5, but you need to update it by reinstalling it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🛌