N3ds crash on boot with A9LH and Luma

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by CGGamer, Feb 15, 2017.

1. CGGamer
    OP

CGGamer Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2016
    United States
    So I'm just about done with the A9LH installation from here: https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

I'm at the part where you install the HBL cia. I installed the cia and tried to run it. I got the "error with software" message, but I could not fix the HBL. Eventually, I just installed Soundhax again, but once I did that, if my SD card is in 3ds during boot, the 3ds brings me to the black screen. The only ways I won't get a black screen are by holding SELECT without the Sd in to boot into the Luma config menu, or just booting 3ds without sd normally. I tried updating luma, but that did not do anything. I have to insert my sd after the 3ds is on, but even stuff like exiting the Settings apl brings me to the black screen. I can't get into hourglass9 by holding Start on boot, so I can't finish the tutorial

I'm on 11.3

Edit: I eventually figured out that it kept crashing at HBL because I had the overclock thing in the Luma menu enabled, which messes with the HB on 11.3...
    I still have this black screen sd issue, though

Last edited by CGGamer, Feb 15, 2017
    Quantumcat likes this.
  2. epickid37

epickid37 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    why would i tell you stalkers where i live?
    do you have a nand backup?

3. CGGamer
    OP

CGGamer Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2016
    United States
    yes. but I can't get into D9 or Hourglass9 to restore it

Last edited by CGGamer, Feb 15, 2017
  4. epickid37

epickid37 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    have you installed the latest hbl payload? i have never heard of the error with software message.

5. CGGamer
    OP

CGGamer Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2016
    United States
    I'm not woried about the HB cia. I need to fix my 3ds crashing with the sd in

6. epickid37

epickid37 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    your sd card might be corrupted. i would suggest getting a small 4 gig sd card (like the one that came with your 3ds) and just drag and drop all your files onto the new sd card

7. CGGamer
    OP

CGGamer Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2016
    United States
    You might be right about the corrupted theory because now when I try to copy files into another directory, it says copying, but 0 out of 0 bytes and never copies...