n3ds can't boot ds/dsi games without twl-firm??

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by DarkRioru, Oct 26, 2016.

1. DarkRioru
    OP

DarkRioru Akage Chan's Servent

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    Fluffing Akage Chan's Tail
    I just bought fieldrunners on my n3ds in prepration for dsiwarehax 2.0 and when I booted it up to see if it would work, it gave me a black screen like if I were to boot up pokemon pearl/ scribblenauts... is there a way to restore my twl-firm without having arm 9 access???

2. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    No (Espically if a System Update Prompt wont show up to the Missing / outdated title). if i may ask what in sam heaven's Hell possessed you to REMOVE TWL_FIRM ?

3. ThisIsDaAccount

ThisIsDaAccount GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 8, 2016
    United States
    How exactly did you remove it and why?

4. DarkRioru
    OP

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    back in august before I fucked up a9lh by updating system nand to 11.0 instead of updating emunand... , I was changing out my original twlnand for the nitrohax twlnand and I stopped in the middle of it to do a9lh which I'm now regretting that decision...

5. ThisIsDaAccount

Apr 8, 2016
    United States
    Is the console still on 11.0? If it is, there might be a free downgrade method coming soon, but it is only for 11.0 and 11.1 (not 11.2). If you are on 11.0, I would just recommend waiting.

6. DarkRioru
    OP

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    its on 11.1 atm... I have ninjahax as a primary exploit though

7. ThisIsDaAccount

Apr 8, 2016
    United States
    Then you would be fine if you wait for the new downgrade's release, since you have the correct firmware and access to the launcher.

8. DarkRioru
    OP

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    but, doesn't the downgrade method require me to open fieldrunners?? I opened it this morning after downloading it and it gave me a black screen because of lack of a twlnand...

9. ThisIsDaAccount

Apr 8, 2016
    United States
    It's a new, never-before-seen downgrade that just uses an exploit. It shouldn't require the use of fieldrunners or any twl stuff.

10. DarkRioru
    OP

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    B-) damn... what pigs do I have to kill to get this tasty bubblegum out of my ass?? -mentally retarded duke nukem

11. gkoelho

gkoelho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 16, 2015
    Brazil
    May I know about what type of exploit you are talking? By the way you are talking t must be some kind of kernel9hax to be able to bypass the downgrade blocks.

12. Amapola62

Amapola62 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 25, 2015
    France
    Maybe if you system update it will reinstall TWL-Firm no?

13. el_gonz87

el_gonz87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    If he system updates it will render the exploit useless: https://gbatemp.net/threads/and-super-secret-arm11-9-3ds-11-exploit-has-been-patched.446324/

Hopefully the exploit doesn't require a DSiWare title... otherwise.

Edit: Looks like you are saved! Just don't update and read some of the explanation in that thread. Seems you will have to wait a little while longer tho as slowhax has to be released and someone has to write the code for the new exploit to downgrade.

Last edited by el_gonz87, Oct 26, 2016
    gkoelho and DarkRioru like this.
  14. AnalogMan

AnalogMan sumoCheatMenu Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    Can I get a link to the thread? The only new exploit I know of was a way to inject exploited saves into DSiWare. Is there another thing under development now?

15. el_gonz87

el_gonz87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    Yes it's in the first page of the thread I just linked above, about 4 posts down astronautlevel gives an explanation of exploit. No DSiWare is needed for this one.