N3DS Browser Filtering Disabler

windows_server_2003

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This might not be relevant for most of the people reading this, but in Japan, we have a very strict content filtering installed in the browser of new 3DSes by default, which makes the Internet browser almost unusable.
To make matters worse, Nintendo stopped supporting credit cards on 18 Jan, which was the only way to remove the filtering.
It means if you haven't removed it by now, you can never access websites like Twitter, YouTube and Amazon on 3DS.

So here is a GodMode9 script capable of disabling the filter. You can't re-enable it from the browser's settings menu, so the script can also enable the filter.
https://github.com/windows-server-2003/3DS-Filtering-Disabler

Have fun!

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi cant work i install the en version
What doesn't work? What does it say when you run the script in GodMode9? And this is for Japanese consoles only. Also you have to have opened the browser at least once before using this script.

yj_1357

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What doesn't work? What does it say when you run the script in GodMode9? And this is for Japanese consoles only. Also you have to have opened the browser at least once before using this script.
already open once, filter still block

kuro0628neko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the necroposting, but how do I actually use gm9 to install this script? What are the steps?
Post automatically merged:

Okay so I figured it out. For any newbs like me:

1. Download the script and upload whichever version (I did the jp but en will literally do the same thing) into your gm9 folder on your sd card under the "scripts" folder.
2. Turn your 3DS off.
3. Hold start and reboot your 3DS.
4. Upon load, open gm9.
5. In gm9, click the first directory (it should show you the entire contents of your 3DS' sd card).
6. Look for the same directory you just uploaded the script to — ://gm9/scripts/whateverthisscriptiscalled.js
7. Click it, and follow all the directions (say you trust it, input the directional the code it tells you to, etc.)
8. Once the script says it's been installed, let gm9 relock permissions, and you can simply reboot your 3DS and you're golden!

Last edited by kuro0628neko,

u2You_Too

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sorry for the necroposting, but how do I actually use gm9 to install this script? What are the steps?
Post automatically merged:

Okay so I figured it out. For any newbs like me:

1. Download the script and upload whichever version (I did the jp but en will literally do the same thing) into your gm9 folder on your sd card under the "scripts" folder.
2. Turn your 3DS off.
3. Hold start and reboot your 3DS.
4. Upon load, open gm9.
5. In gm9, click the first directory (it should show you the entire contents of your 3DS' sd card).
6. Look for the same directory you just uploaded the script to — ://gm9/scripts/whateverthisscriptiscalled.js
7. Click it, and follow all the directions (say you trust it, input the directional the code it tells you to, etc.)
8. Once the script says it's been installed, let gm9 relock permissions, and you can simply reboot your 3DS and you're golden!
I'm confused with number 7. Which one am I supposed to click? There are 5 options

kuro0628neko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I select the filtering disabler file, I see:
'Show in Hexeditor
Calculate SHA-256
Calculate SHA-1
Show file info
Copy to 0:/gm9/out'

I just do all these in order from top to bottom?
You should just see an input after you click the script for it to run. Like A B < ^ < X or some other random combination of inputs.

eugene49

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have new 2ds LL from Japan.
I followed instruction on copying files to sdcard.
But
Holding start + power does not boot gm9.

Is there any pre-requisite to run gm9 scripts?

Last edited by eugene49,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have new 2ds LL from Japan.
I followed instruction on copying files to sdcard.
But
Holding start + power does not boot gm9.

Is there any pre-requisite to run gm9 scripts?
Ya there is. and its a big one. You NEED cfw to run any sort of gm9 script. Is there a child lock or something on the console that you got?

Reactions: Hayato213

eugene49

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya there is. and its a big one. You NEED cfw to run any sort of gm9 script. Is there a child lock or something on the console that you got?
Right, this I confirmed from the forum.
My son got his 2ds XL US version with cfw, and he wants another one.
So we decided to get another one from Amazon, a 2ds LL from Japan. (With my fate in the hack community, nothing is impossible)

Turned out that, the browser of 2ds LL is disabled. The only way to enable is by running gm9 scripts.
The only way you run gm9 script is to install cfw, which needs a browser.. TSK!

Another way, to install cfw, is to use a physical Flashcart, and a physical magnet, and do a trial and error, hold multiple button awkwardly at the same time..
(I hope someone can tell me, this really works..)

p.s. I could return back the 2ds LL to Amazon, but my son refuses. He is an old school.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I already suggested an alternative in your other thread. This is why you shouldn't post about the same problem in multiple places.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/2ds-ll-to-disable-browser-filter.647172/

Another way, to install cfw, is to use a physical Flashcart, and a physical magnet, and do a trial and error, hold multiple button awkwardly at the same time..
(I hope someone can tell me, this really works..)
Of course it works; it wouldn't be in https://3ds.guide if it didn't work. There's no "trial and error" about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I didn't know they made an MSU cart for the Genesis.... I knew about the SNES one and the...