N3ds and N3ds XL Boards

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Strongal, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Strongal
    OP

Strongal Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2016
    Hello guys! I've got some friends looking to buy boards for their N3ds, that got bricked today after following a tutorial that had an otp.bin. I offered them to install arm9 on their consoles but they refused and now they are bricked.

I'd like you to recommend me some place to buy cheap boards for these models, since I'm not doing hardmods yet and this is the only solution I can think about.

Thanks in advance!

2. Mrguggy10

Mrguggy10 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2015
    Kansas City, Missouri
    A place to check would be Ebay, just make sure that the boards you get are in working condition.

3. invaderyoyo

invaderyoyo invader

Mar 17, 2014
    United States
    Southern California
    N3DSXL boards are pretty easy to find on ebay. Idk about N3DS boards, though. I needed one a while back and never managed to find one.

Mrguggy10 likes this.
  4. Strongal
    OP

Strongal Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2016
  5. invaderyoyo

invaderyoyo invader

Mar 17, 2014
    United States
    Southern California
  6. Strongal
    OP

Strongal Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2016
    I guess that's why its cheaper, it's a japanese one x), they'll have to spend more money then! Ty

Guys, I've read he could buy the japanese one and then do a region change, he doesnt mind about not being able to enter the eshop anymore, so I guess he could buy that one?

Last edited by Strongal, Jan 5, 2017
  7. munchy_cool

munchy_cool GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 15, 2016
    United States
    well , picture says 9.2.0-20U ..which means US version...

8. Strongal
    OP

Strongal Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2016
    But it also says New 3ds XL LL which is the japanese one. If you search 9.2 3ds on google, you instantly find that image, so they must have just used it XD.

9. thedicemaster

thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Apr 26, 2008
    Netherlands
    "XL LL" says nothing about region.
    in japan it's just LL without the XL, so if someone says "XL LL" it means it will fit both and they don't know or don't want to bother telling you what region it is.

10. munchy_cool

munchy_cool GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 15, 2016
    United States
    sent the seller a message and ask ..

11. Strongal
    OP

Strongal Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2016
    Yh I already asked, and im waiting for an answer. Anyway, he doesnt care about eshop, he will only miss the chance to do a System transfer if its still a thing once 11.3 comes out, so he is fine about region changing :)