Hacking N3ds, 9.5 :( Sky3ds my only option?

SirGray

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I sold my old 3ds which was below 9.2 with cfw and bought a new 3ds, I LOVE the super stable 3d so I wont be going back to an old, but unfortunately it has the highest firmware I think it was 9.5, anyway obviously not lower than 9.2.

Is Sky 3ds my only option? and does it work well? does it work online?

dedChar

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yup, your only option. There was something about Kingston sdcards having problems with sky, I think. Yes, it works online, but I'd suggest you to get a private header to avoid getting banned.

SirGray

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah ok, I heard people complaining about switches games being a pain? you just hit the blue button right? doesn't seem that bad. faster than switch real carts, I suppose they mean if you have 16 games they have to click 16 times to get to the 16th game lol.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The switching isn't that big of a bother unless you have a ridiculous amount of games on your SD card. I suggest a high-class one, that should minimize the amount of time spent switching games.

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
The switching isn't that big of a bother unless you have a ridiculous amount of games on your SD card. I suggest a high-class one, that should minimize the amount of time spent switching games.
It doesn't. There seems to be some hard-coded timing embedded into the software that's running. Trust me, I have a SanDisk Extreme 32 GB microSD and it's still slow as shit to go through them. It's definitely a lot slower than manually switching legit cartridges. If you have more than, say, 5-6 games, it's a real PITA to cycle through them.

gotcha, I have a V7 64gb micro sdxc. Class 10. That should work good. :P

64 GB is overkill. Around 8-16 GB should be enough. Unless you choose to keep them in the "spare" partition, but I don't really see the point of that.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It doesn't. There seems to be some hard-coded timing embedded into the software that's running. Trust me, I have a SanDisk Extreme microSD and it's still slow as shit to go through them. It's definitely a lot slower than manually switching legit cartridges. If you have more than, say, 5-6 games, it's a real PITA to cycle through them.
Well, I have both a red button and a blue button Sky3DS and I can assure you that SD cards vary in terms of how fast games are loaded and class has a lot to do with that. The box of your card might as well say Ultra Super Hyper Max, that's not a relevant measurement of I/O speed. ;)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You might not play online on some games since some of them have updates on em.
That's irrelevant on Sky, it runs on any firmware. The only thing he absolutely needs is his own private Unique ID, otherwise he's risking a ban. Other than that it's smooth sailing.

SirGray

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is http://www.3ds-cart.com a legit site? anyone order from them before?

Also, how can I be sure not to risk a ban? Since there's no wireless switch on the new 3ds and some games may connect to the internet automatically??

Sorry, I've only dealt with .cia files on my old cfw 3ds and never went online.

Neru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's irrelevant on Sky, it runs on any firmware. The only thing he absolutely needs is his own private Unique ID, otherwise he's risking a ban. Other than that it's smooth sailing.
Didn't mean fw updates I meant like downloading the latest updates for games like smash which it needs update 1.0.8

kurodax

Trophies
XP
Country
sky3ds is a great card if you know how to make it efficient. The games you play the most, put to the top, the game you don't want to play right now, put to the wating list, take few second to arrange those games.

Neru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...I still don't follow. All of this works fine on Sky, game updates are installed to the 3DS' SD, not the cartridge.
I know that but he needs Eshop to download the latest game updates which he can't because he's on 9.5

SirGray

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know any legit Canadian resellers? and if I use .cia files I can play online without ban right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back