Homebrew N3DS 9.2 Problem with EmuNAND & CFG'S

Cyrriou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey, 2 days ago i bought a N3DS and i changed the firmware from 9.6 to 9.2, it seems like it worked out, but for some reason i cant launch some apps on HBL, like Theme/Menuhacks etc.. work
but when i try to create a EmuNAND my screen goes red, blink another time red and kick me back to the HBL. I tried to run it with a CF, but i cant get further then blackscreen.
I tought it would be the SanDisk Ultra Card ( 64GB, Fat 32 ) and i changed it back to the 4GB, but i got the same problem with the 4 GB SD.
I dont know what to do anymore, maybe someone can help me out.

Greet Cyrriou

Last edited by Cyrriou,

DrasticGray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you can run menuhax properly on an emunand. You shouldn't need it anyway if you have a launcher in cia format.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hey, 2 days ago i bought a N3DS and i changed the firmware from 9.6 to 9.2, it seems like it worked out, but for some reason i cant launch some apps on HBL, like Theme/Menuhacks etc.. work
but when i try to create a EmuNAND my screen goes red, blink another time red and kick me back to the HBL. I tried to run it with a CF, but i cant get further then blackscreen.
I tought it would be the SanDisk Ultra Card ( 64GB, Fat 32 ) and i changed it back to the 4GB, but i got the same problem with the 4 GB SD.
I dont know what to do anymore, maybe someone can help me out.

Greet Cyrriou
You don't need to downgrade to 9.2 anymore. You should be following 3ds.guide.

Cyrriou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't think you can run menuhax properly on an emunand. You shouldn't need it anyway if you have a launcher in cia format.
well, i cant even create the Emunand
You don't need to downgrade to 9.2 anymore. You should be following 3ds.guide.
Should i update to 11.2 ? maybe it will fix my problem. Well i tried a couple of Guides and the most of the tools i would need to acces the CF send me right to the black screen.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Should i update to 11.2 ? maybe it will fix my problem. Well i tried a couple of Guides and the most of the tools i would need to acces the CF send me right to the black screen.
You have a partial downgrade, will probably be easiest to update to 11.2 and start the guide from the beginning.

DrasticGray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Do you have a NAND backup from before you downgraded?

Cyrriou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do you have a NAND backup from before you downgraded?
Yeah i got NAND saved.
If he thought he had to downgrade then I'm assuming he didn't know he had arm9 access on 9.6.
I actually didint know about Arm9 :/.

What should i do now ? Update to 11.2 and Downgrade or should i stay on it and try to get Arm9 working on it ?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah i got NAND saved.

I actually didint know about Arm9 :/.

What should i do now ? Update to 11.2 and Downgrade or should i stay on it and try to get Arm9 working on it ?
You can probably just start the guide from where you are. If it doesn't work (maybe the partial downgrade affects it) then update to 11.2 and try from there. Restoring the backup probably won't help too much - if you can use Decrypt9 to restore the backup you can also probably use it for the guide.

Cyrriou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can probably just start the guide from where you are. If it doesn't work (maybe the partial downgrade affects it) then update to 11.2 and try from there. Restoring the backup probably won't help too much - if you can use Decrypt9 to restore the backup you can also probably use it for the guide.
Well, i actually have the same problem with Decrypt9, screen gets red and blinks 1 time and it kicks me back to HBL. So imma not actually sure what am i suppose to do now.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Well, i actually have the same problem with Decrypt9, screen gets red and blinks 1 time and it kicks me back to HBL. So imma not actually sure what am i suppose to do.
Are you following the guide? You have to run fasthax to get arm9 access then you can use Decrypt9. Otherwise Decrypt9 won't work over (a full) 9.2 firmware.

Start at 3ds.guide/get-started

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, i still have the issue with the Red Screen if i run decrypt9 on my N3DS.
I was just correcting that post.

If you have hbl set up correctly: https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(soundhax)

And add the latest decrypt9WIP 3dsx/smdh files to 3ds and it still doesn't load then its probably a partial downgrade as stated above, you could try a different otherapp payload, or update to 11.2 as above or if you can redo the downgrade [but I think you need d9 for that]

Cyrriou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I was just correcting that post.

If you have hbl set up correctly: https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(soundhax)

And add the latest decrypt9WIP 3dsx/smdh files to 3ds and it still doesn't load then its probably a partial downgrade as stated above, you could try a different otherapp payload, or update to 11.2 as above or if you can redo the downgrade [but I think you need d9 for that]
ok thanks, so updating to 11.2 is the only way, should i downgrade again or stay with 11.2 ?
And which Methode should i use, CFW or Arm9 ? Sorry, imma not up to date right now..

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
ok thanks, so updating to 11.2 is the only way, should i downgrade again or stay with 11.2 ?
And which Methode should i use, CFW or Arm9 ? Sorry, imma not up to date right now..
Follow the guide, you don't need to worry about what to do if you just do what it says. And yeah updating to 11.2 first is your best bet so you don't have to worry about having a partial downgrade.

Reactions: HyperT

Cyrriou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Follow the guide, you don't need to worry about what to do if you just do what it says. And yeah updating to 11.2 first is your best bet so you don't have to worry about having a partial downgrade.
Well i got still the same issue with Safehax on 11.2:

Initializing SD card... failed
Initialization : failed!

Maybe my SD is fcked up ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.