Hacking N3DS 9.2 CFW questions

GOTWreborn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I've just come back to the 3DS scene and am unsure of a lot of the terminology and am confused about my options regarding CFW and running 3DS ROMs.

1. Can I install CFW and run 3DS ROMs on the n3DS 9.2 FW without CN/OOT/G3DS/Sky3DS/Other flashcards?
2. Can you run ALL 3DS ROMs on CFW? Including eShop ones.
3. Can you do online play or visit the eShop while running CFW?
4. Can you play games region free with CFW?

Amadren

Pasta Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I've just come back to the 3DS scene and am unsure of a lot of the terminology and am confused about my options regarding CFW and running 3DS ROMs.

1. Can I install CFW and run 3DS ROMs on the n3DS 9.2 FW without CN/OOT/G3DS/Sky3DS/Other flashcards?
2. Can you run ALL 3DS ROMs on CFW? Including eShop ones.
3. Can you do online play or visit the eShop while running CFW?
4. Can you play games region free with CFW?
Yes. Yes. Yes. I'm actually playing MHX on my EUR n3ds so...

Check out the tutorials section, you'll find some help

Reactions: GOTWreborn

Amadren

Pasta Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You'll need to use gateway menu to create an emunand on an n3ds but you don't need to have a gateway if you have cubic ninja (CIA/cartridge)

GOTWreborn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You'll need to use gateway menu to create an emunand on an n3ds but you don't need to have a gateway if you have cubic ninja (CIA/cartridge)

Emunand is necessary for playing games of a firmware higher than 9.2 right? So I do need some sort of flashcard or CN/OOT to play all the 3DS ROMs?

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emunand is necessary for playing games of a firmware higher than 9.2 right? So I do need some sort of flashcard or CN/OOT to play all the 3DS ROMs?

You do not need a Flashcard, CN/OOT to make an EmuNAND. Those can help but all you need is access to the Homebrew Channel (which should be easy through Browserhax etc)
From there you can simply boot the GW.3dsx from the gateway site and go to the "Format EmuNAND" option. Be aware that this will format the WHOLE SD Card and make a hidden partition where the EmuNAND will be hidden. After the process only Launcher.dat remains iirc.

But someone else released EmuNAND9Tool, so you dont even need to use the Gateway Launcher anymore. Although both options are viable since they both stem from the HBC.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-emunand9tool-open-source-emunand-formatter-manager.405921/

Matter of fact, on that thread it states that you can clone SysNAND to an EmuNAND without wiping the SD card in the process, so my vote would definitely go to EmuNAND9Tool for setting it up since its less of a hassle (having to redo your whole SD after creating emunand kind of sucks)

edit: I just re-read your post, sorry its late where im at. Yes for .3ds/.3dz files you will need a Gateway, but for .cia files and EmuNAND you do not need one.

Last edited by jscjml,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs