N3DS 10.7, Gateway, what are my options?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by asdfx, May 24, 2016.

1. asdfx
    OP

asdfx Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2014
    France
    Hello everyone!

I currently own a N3DS on firmware 10.7
    I also have an O3DS 4.5 with Gateway and the latest emunand.

My plan is to use Gateway to install emunand on my N3DS, but after some hours googling I'm still a bit confused on how to proceed, and I would like to avoid doing stupid things.

Do I have to downgrade my N3DS first? If so, can I buy a copy of OoT3d and inject the save using the homebrew launcher from my haxed O3DS?

I heard that Gateway was about to release its new version, and a Gateway Time Machine brew, does it apply to me? Do I still have to downgrade the N3DS?

Thanks

Last edited by asdfx, May 24, 2016
  2. SterneSchreien

SterneSchreien Naughty One

Jan 4, 2016
    Canada
    Downgrade to 9.2 (in guide) then start setting up A9LH and avoid Brickway. You can also just use Menuhax to boot into a emunand on your SD using this guide.

Current status of the Gateway time machine for N3DS is simple : brick. Of course the version is not a complete release...

Last edited by SterneSchreien, May 24, 2016
  3. Ugothacked

Ugothacked GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2009
    United States
    Just downgrade to 9.2 and stay there

4. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    I know the new GW fw is not out and it's already got slated. However, each to their own but I'd swerve GW now and go the free a9lh/luma setup.

I'm doing my console at the weekend and the GW card is getting sold. If you to stay with GW then that's fine, yet dg to 9.2 and stay there for now.