Hardware N2DSXL Does Not Power On (No Blue Light)

Itzumi

tinkerer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happened a few days ago, just took it out of my purse to dump some carts, wouldn't power on.
Thought maybe the battery had died or something (It had been a while), charged it until orange light went away, still nothing.
Tried turning it on with the charger plugged in, nothing.

Battery itself looks ok, no swelling or anything.

I'm stumped on this, so I might as well get some more eyes on this to see what's going on.

N2DSXL won't turn on at all, no blue light, not even when plugged into the wall. Battery looks fine.

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you say the battery looks fine then did you take the 2DS apart? Try taking the battery out for some time and also check if the voltage on it is correct if you have any way to do that

Itzumi

tinkerer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you say the battery looks fine then did you take the 2DS apart? Try taking the battery out for some time and also check if the voltage on it is correct if you have any way to do that
Yes, I did. only went as far as needed to get to the battery (took back cover off). I assume multimeter, where to test?

Itzumi

tinkerer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Battery is fine, read 4.13 (already unsure if I kept the number in my head right a few seconds after).

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Did you try putting the battery back in now and did it change anything? If not then try checking the fuses on the motherboard if you can find any, but unfortunately I think it's some worse problem that I won't be able to help with

Itzumi

tinkerer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try putting the battery back in now and did it change anything? If not then try checking the fuses on the motherboard if you can find any, but unfortunately I think it's some worse problem that I won't be able to help with
Could this be tested without plugging the IR ribbon cable and Speaker cables in? (They are on the back shell, and the ribbon is an SOB to get plugged back in).

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Could this be tested without plugging the IR ribbon cable and Speaker cables in? (They are on the back shell, and the ribbon is an SOB to get plugged back in).
I'm not sure if the system can boot without those but it would still light up the blue power light and then shut off if it was working normally.

Reactions: Itzumi

Itzumi

tinkerer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if the system can boot without those but it would still light up the blue power light and then shut off if it was working normally.
Yeah I was just wondering if it would turn on at all.
It didn't, by the way. So there is something else wrong. I'll start taking things apart, see if there's anything that doesn't look right.

Insomniac8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For what its worth, the 2DS XL can boot just fine without the back panel connected. If you are not getting any power at all, I would check the fuses with a multimeter. I'm afraid i don't actually know where the fuses are though...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo