Hacking Homebrew n00bish psp Q

mcsquared

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ive been out of the psp scene for a while now, got a 1.5 and a fresh new copy of VC in *ahem* iso format for testing purposes (ill prob actually buy this 1 if its any good) whats the method for launching things these days? looked on the usual pspupdates/hacks but theres loads of jargon and i really dont have the time at the mo to search thru it all, is anyone currently up to date with psp and can tell me and easy way of booting isos?
cheers

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if you don't even "have time" to read through the available information, then maybe it's not for you because using these tools as forementioned requires some attention to detail and understanding.

mcsquared

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i was asking for help mate, not a smart arse comment. thanks sum7ime i'll try out devhook, using the old version now to boot pro evo, not sure if installing a new firmware is what i want to go through with, ill see if you can downgrade back to 1.5 afterwards

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Thats why he said if you dont have time to read, it might not be for you.

Read up on the 2.71 SE by Dark_Alex. You'll never go back to 1.5
wink.gif

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i was asking for help mate, not a smart arse comment. thanks sum7ime i'll try out devhook, using the old version now to boot pro evo, not sure if installing a new firmware is what i want to go through with, ill see if you can downgrade back to 1.5 afterwards

Smart arse comment huh? I'm just trying to help you NOT brick your precious psp by telling you to read more and be careful. Take it for what it's worth.

mcsquared

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks. gonna have a good read about dark alex at the weekend if i get time, am i right in thinking that i can downgrade back to 1.5 from 2.71SE?

MiloFoxburr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thats why he said if you dont have time to read, it might not be for you.

Read up on the 2.71 SE by Dark_Alex. You'll never go back to 1.5
wink.gif

Agreed I installed it on one of my PSP's yesterday (Somehow I ended up with two, don't ask.. lol) Was scary doing it (But very easy to do) since it can potently brick the PSP (And I bricked a 3rd PSP before) But it all went well and its just amazing

Can't picture myself using DevHook again (well until Booster emulates firmware 3.0)

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The safest way (I'm not so sure about all this 2.71 SE lark) would be to just run DevHook. Install it using the Ultimate Installer (Google it) and just drag + drop ISOs to the ISO folder created on your memstick.

Easy as that.
smile.gif

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
safer way is to just run devhook true....no real chance of bricking since it doesn't touch flash0. Just have to learn how to decrypt firmware files or take your chances and download some complete package off the net (possible problems from firmware dumps that weren't done correctly, safest way is to extract yourself from official sony update eboots). Custom firmware SE 2.71 does and there are some precautions you have to take to get it right. Refer to the forums @ www.maxconsole.net for more information. Yes you are correct you can downgrade back to 1.5 from custom se, but once again you should read instructions since Dark Alex specifies the exact things you need to do in the readme for custom SE.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
- Download devhook from http://tinyurl.com/e7lr8
- Extract contents of the MS_ROOT folder in the archive to root of memory stick.
- Copy ISO into /ISO folder on stick
- Launch Devhook
- At DH top menu, go to UMD Select and pick your .iso and hit X
- Go to Boot Select menu and select reboot XMB (could be selected by default) and hit X
- Go to UMD Mount menu and select ISO ANYUMD (again selected by default) and hit X
- Go to Firmware menu, select 2.71 and hit X
- Place a UMD in the drive (any umd works, including demo)
- Select START and hit X
- PSP reboots into 2.71 fw, then launches ISO

Doesn't get easier then that.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No clue on the source on that devhook, might want to tell him the different sfo mode needed....normally no change is fine but someimes you have to use 2.xx->2.00 for games with the 2.8x update files on there. But that will work assuming it's a clean devhook installation. And your iso will appear under the umd game, and typical devhook commands apply.

mcsquared

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ty for all the replys, i'll try and find some thime this weekend to have a good read up about 2.71se but ill prob have a play around with devhook, always used to be good to me
wink.gif
better than working all wkend anyway

Remy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've read a lot of tutorials on how to install 2.71 se-b, but i still feel unsafe doing it. But if there was an in depth video showing the process, that'd be cool.

Oh yeah, is there a full installer for 2.71 SE-B" ? or do you have to update from 2.71 SE-B to 2.71 SE-B" ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol