Hacking n00b questions

DFA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, I'm kind of new to the scene, modded my wii not more than maybe a month ago, give or take a couple weeks or so.

I have never installed any WADs other than HBC and Gamma loader, and there are a couple of WADs I've seen online that I would like to install. Now the thing is, I know that there are some great risks associated with this (getting a WAD with a misleading name and end up corrupting system files or something along those lines), I also know that there are some solutions for this, in case something ever goes wrong.

I've read some about preloader, savemii and bootmii, but have never found any articles, threads or charts comparing these applications and the advantages/disadvantages of each.
Here's the n00b question: which one of the 3 is the best?

From what I've read, bootmii seems like the most dumbass-friendly solution, but I would still like some input on which one of these programs does what it's supposed to do best (that is, create a virtually unbrickable Wii) with as little risk to my console as possible.

I'm running 3.3U, btw. I know it's easier to roll back to 3.2 or update to 4.0 via Wanin's installer, still, I'd like to stay away from up/downgrading, unless necessary of course.

Thanks for reading..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1