Hacking N00b question - Supercard-1 SDHC update firmware

spinal2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi there,

i just bought a scds-1 sdhc version with an 8gig sandisk microSD sdhc card...

Here's my problem, i wanna update to version "SUPERCARD DSONE(SDHC) OS V3.0 SP2 (2008.01.13)" and on the readme it says:

"
Q: How to upgrade?
A: Download the new OS, unzip it and copy the "SCSHELL" folder and MSFORSC.NDS to the root of TFlash/MicroSD.
"
i did this and i cant execute the file MSFORSC.NDS to update... i tried other roms and they worked but MSFORSC.NDS is nowhere to be found. when i start with L+R it says version is "English Ver1.01"

what can i do?

Can you guys help me?

thanks in advance

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Just copy the msforsc.nds and the schell folder to the root of your microsd, after that you have a updated Os (not firmware).

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SDHC has firmware v1.01 IIRC which IS the latest firmware. [EDIT] Just to make this clear, the SDHC version ALWAYS has the LATEST firmware ATM. ONLY some of the OLDER v1 & v2 SCDS1 carts MAY require a firmware update. The update was to fix a FAT32 problem which was REQUIRED anyways for SDHC uSD cards anyways as they ALWAYS use FAT32. [/EDIT]

To update the "OS" you just follow those instructions, and when you start up the OS is automatically started. i.e. there is NOTHING else for you to do, although you should search for a thread in the forums that has links to ndspatch.dat 1/19/08 IIRC, and probably grab jmr's ndsinfo.dat.

The ndspatch.dat file has the patching info for the various ROMs/homebrew AFAIK, and jmr's ndsinfo.dat has the ROM # and save file size for up to whatever # it says. Jmr's ndsinfo.dat is USUALLY more up-to-date than the "official" file, and his site also has additional cheat files, if you use those.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night