Hacking N00b here looking to buy a flash card, looking for some help.

ThatSwaggyCat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd imagine that threads like these are quite common 'round these parts.

Anyway, I found my old DSi while unpacking from a move. It had Pokemon Platinum in it, so I decided to play it for pure nostalgia. Enjoyed it quite a bit, and wanted to play some of the other NDS Pokemon games. Looked up HeartGold, expecting it to be cheap. Amazon had it for around $130. That was a no-go.

So I did some research, and stumbled upon the world of flashcards and pirating games. A sub-$20 price for all the games you want sounded like a bit of a better deal.

Searched some more, finding numerous sites that all looked sketchy. I do realize that these devices aren't exactly the most legal thing out there.

I guess an R4i Gold-thing is what I need? And what is the most reliable site for me to use?

Please, GBAtemp forums, help out a complete newbie.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
this is the best r4.. make sure its from the r4ids.cn team

you can purchase from this store, its the gbatemp sponsor http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149
they had been around for years...
shipping comes from china and estimate delivery time according to what i heard is 30-45 days..

you can look into another shops but order that exact card (in the store either the picture shows that package or in sticker says r4ids.cn

if someone recommends you a card tripple check the website printed on it, there are lots of fakes\clones

ThatSwaggyCat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your response. Does this site ship from China? I would prefer from the US (Even though I'm assuming many sites only claim to be from the US) for faster shipping, but if it is proven to be reliable then I can deal with it.

ThatSwaggyCat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have decided to order from nds-card. I have Mastercard.

What is my best bet for buying? Through paypal? Just through the site?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
if you read my answer you would know it is china...

you must use the mastercard directly on the website.. theese websites usually don't offer paypal because nintendo asks to ban that paypal accounts..
but some shops, not sure about nds-card will offer paypal but you have to send them an email to ask about it..

there are other shops but i can't say for sure they are trusted..
for example this one http://www.modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html

nds-card.com takes a long time but it delivers...

ThatSwaggyCat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My apologies, I guess I just lightly skimmed it...

I was about to order from ModChipsDirect but it appears that they do not accept Mastercard. I guess I'll go with Nds-card then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr