n00b here. Followed several tutorials for making randomized ORAS rom. At wits end.

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by MarrMooMoo, Apr 19, 2015.

1. MarrMooMoo
    OP

MarrMooMoo Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2015
    United States
    I extracted the xorpads successfully, then decrypted and unpacked them, edited my rom with pk3ds, then packed and encrypted them and ended up with a .cia file which I successfully downloaded onto my 3ds via devmenu. When I try to play it, I immediately get an error screen that says I must turn off my 3ds.

What could have possibly happened here? I just don't know. I'm a complete n00b to this and just want to play a randomized ORAS, and I've been at it for about a week. The moment I got that cia file onto my 3ds I was ecstatic, thinking I accomplished something, then it all shattered in an instant.

I'm on ver. 4.2.0-9U and emuNAND GW3D 9.5.0-23U. I'm using Gateway 2.7

Any ideas on what it could be or what I can try to fix it would be appreciated.

2. Melly Pix

Melly Pix Gbatemp's Lady Vulpix

GBAtemp Patron
    Melly Pix is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2009
    Canada
    Kelowna, B.C.
    Have you tried playing with the rom instead of a .cia?
    As far as I know(correct me if I'm wrong), but you can't run a pk3ds edited rom as a .cia file.

3. MarrMooMoo
    OP

MarrMooMoo Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2015
    United States
    The batch file I used to repack only outputs as a .cia. I've tried looking online for ways to repack edited romfs and exe folders into a .3ds file, but haven't found any inclinations to it even being possible. Is it?

4. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
  5. MarrMooMoo
    OP

MarrMooMoo Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2015
    United States
  6. MarrMooMoo