n00b here. Followed several tutorials for making randomized ORAS rom. At wits end.

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by MarrMooMoo, Apr 19, 2015.

1. MarrMooMoo
    OP

MarrMooMoo Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2015
    United States
    I extracted the xorpads successfully, then decrypted and unpacked them, edited my rom with pk3ds, then packed and encrypted them and ended up with a .cia file which I successfully downloaded onto my 3ds via devmenu. When I try to play it, I immediately get an error screen that says I must turn off my 3ds.

What could have possibly happened here? I just don't know. I'm a complete n00b to this and just want to play a randomized ORAS, and I've been at it for about a week. The moment I got that cia file onto my 3ds I was ecstatic, thinking I accomplished something, then it all shattered in an instant.

I'm on ver. 4.2.0-9U and emuNAND GW3D 9.5.0-23U. I'm using Gateway 2.7

Any ideas on what it could be or what I can try to fix it would be appreciated.

2. Melly Pix

Melly Pix Gbatemp's Lady Vulpix

Jul 14, 2009
    Canada
    Kelowna, B.C.
    Have you tried playing with the rom instead of a .cia?
    As far as I know(correct me if I'm wrong), but you can't run a pk3ds edited rom as a .cia file.

3. MarrMooMoo
    OP

MarrMooMoo Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2015
    United States
    The batch file I used to repack only outputs as a .cia. I've tried looking online for ways to repack edited romfs and exe folders into a .3ds file, but haven't found any inclinations to it even being possible. Is it?

4. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
  5. MarrMooMoo
    OP

MarrMooMoo Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2015
    United States
  6. MarrMooMoo