Gaming N+ killed my Cyclo :S

DriftRS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just thought I'd warn you guys, and see if anyone else has had the same issue. My Cyclo has been working perfectly for ages, this is the first problem I've ever had with it. While playing N+, and moving to another screen, the screen remains black while music continues to play (basically it crashes). After reseting my DS due to this for the second time, the system no longer detects the Cyclo, just says no cart is in the system.

I did trim my rom, if that might have anything to do with it, has anyone else experienced anything like this? Crashes or dead carts?

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
link459 said:
Try pushing the cart all the way down and holding it there until it boots? Sometimes the pins just act stupid, so try that.
lnik459 is right, Its probably just a problem with the contacts. Also try blowing into the slot 1 hole.

DriftRS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think it's version 1, I got it just before the black ones started releasing I think, so it is a few versions behind, so it's about time I upgraded it anyway. Still, yeah thought I'd mention this and see what other people are experiencing.

DriftRS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
um after alot of blowing and such as recomended here, it's back up and working :?

Thats wierd that it happened just after a crash though... it must be related in some way?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You do have the earliest version since you mentioned there being no black ones when you got yours.

Many people have had this problem, it's because the contacts are not connecting properly. To fix it, tape a piece of paper to the front side of the CycloDS so it pushes the contacts to connect properly.

Shakraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But N+ didn't shoot the deputy. Ha, I couldn't help myself. Anyways, maybe it's just a problem on your MicroSD; you should try reformatting. Oh, and why would you trim N+? It's not like it ain't small enough as it is.

Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Batman55 said:
A ninja killed your DS!

rofl2.gif
ph34r.gif

Working fine on my Cyclo.

DriftRS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Shakraka said:
But N+ didn't shoot the deputy. Ha, I couldn't help myself. Anyways, maybe it's just a problem on your MicroSD; you should try reformatting. Oh, and why would you trim N+? It's not like it ain't small enough as it is.

Cause I wanted to see if I could turn the 8mb down to like 3mb or something
tongue.gif
woulda been smallest DS game eva! sadly it doesn even go down by a mb

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DriftRS said:
Shakraka said:

Cause I wanted to see if I could turn the 8mb down to like 3mb or something
tongue.gif
woulda been smallest DS game eva! sadly it doesn even go down by a mb

timehawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
You do have the earliest version since you mentioned there being no black ones when you got yours.

Many people have had this problem, it's because the contacts are not connecting properly. To fix it, tape a piece of paper to the front side of the CycloDS so it pushes the contacts to connect properly.

Actually I think when the black ones came out it was already v3. So he might have a v2.
I know my v1 broke down and I got a v2 and that was before anyone had heard of the black cyclo. (Well people had made comments, but it was not announced for production)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup