Hacking N/F-card Or TTDS

Giangsta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
a friend of mine wants to purchase a reliable and stable flashcart which has perfect rom compatability and at least some/most download play. I'm tossing up between either the N-Card/F-card or the TTDS (which has quite a tempting price).

The ncard and it's clone have been around for quite some time and have built up a strong reputation of being very reliable.

The TTDS has great price and seems to be like an R4++

im swaying 70/30 for the TTDS because of value and also because it's a young gun in the market

what do u guys think?

thanks

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N-card. You need a GREAT microSD card to keep games from lagging on ALL of the microSD based carts(even with the best, Zelda WILL lag), but the N-Card has always had 100% full speed compatibility.

Giangsta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i'll be purchasing a Kingston C01G so all the games should work fine, and i don't think he'll play Zelda anyways

bolex17

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Get the N-Card
smile.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah 0_0

either should be fine, but F-card is a better buy than N-card because it has a better USB writing device (connects straight to computer, wheras N-card etc have a slot two adapter which is generally much more cumbersome)

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
N-card. You need a GREATÂ microSD card to keep games from lagging on ALL of the microSD based carts(even with the best, Zelda WILL lag), but the N-Card has always had 100% full speed compatibility.

Zelda doesnt lag on my DS with a Japanese 1GB Kingston(SCDS) or with my mates R4 with the same microsd
wink2.gif

Play the original game - see the difference.

At worst on a Kingston SD-C01G, Zelda plays at 95% speed. Most 3d games run at about 99% speed. Ouendan/EBA are so much easier on the real game/N-Card.

Giangsta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
How good is the download play on the n/f cards with the following games:

Mario Kart
Club house games
FiFA 08

And generally every other download play capable game

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I dont know about fifa but mario kart and clubhouse games works fine for me
smile.gif
I have also tried worms that works
smile.gif
Tiger woods failed :/ thats all I have tested in the past.

Giangsta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the heads up, as long as the more mainstream and popular DS titles work with download play then thats good

sylux92

Trophies
Website
nbcustomwebsites.com
XP
Country
United States
N-card. You need a GREAT  microSD card to keep games from lagging on ALL of the microSD based carts(even with the best, Zelda WILL lag), but the N-Card has always had 100% full speed compatibility.

Zelda doesnt lag on my DS with a Japanese 1GB Kingston(SCDS) or with my mates R4 with the same microsd
wink2.gif

Play the original game - see the difference.

At worst on a Kingston SD-C01G, Zelda plays at 95% speed. Most 3d games run at about 99% speed. Ouendan/EBA are so much easier on the real game/N-Card.
I disagree. I have the original version of Metroid Prime Hunters, which is 3D, and the rom plays at the same speed as the original. And if you want a card that has perfect download play, i'd go with the TTDS, as i dont think the n-card is perfect.

Omgwtfisthat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have exactly these 2 cards. No more no less
wink.gif

Anyway, I like them both but if you were to ask me to recommend you one I'd say DSTT.

I got both my DSTT and N-card from DX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: