Dark Reality

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nPlus1-3.jpg

^^^ This be the one I'm talking about. If you know the game, you can see how to get the coins (yellow dots), but then you gotta jump through those mines at the top (red dots) to get to the switch (white circle) and the character moves too fast to be able to do it accurately. Then you gotta come back, just as hard. Then you gotta get to the door (white square) which means more mine dodging, same thing but there are ones floating in the air.

Nobody on YouTube's beaten it yet, which is odd because it's only the third level. Is this game that hard? I'm glad I didn't pay anything for it, because it's turning out to be a real piece of crap. Nice idea but horrible execution. They give you one training episode, two playable levels, and then this?

hate2.gif

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
the reason why it's not on youtube is because it's so easy to complete... I'll try and draw a diagram for you to getting past those mines

Kirby102

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol, I'm assuming teh hard part would be the final minefield to get to the door?
ph34r.gif

Yeah I had a couple of troubles with that for a bit... but then it was easy.
biggrin.gif

(Sorry if it's spoilers, I dunno how to do the tags.)

When you go into the minefield, jump at a 45 degree angle, then hit the roof, and 45 degree angle land right before the 3rd mine, then after, do it again... and win
biggrin.gif

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That level is really easy, just tap the jump button and then you'll jump high enough to avoid the mines at the floor and still avoid the ones in the roof.

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
in the bottom area near the door jump left up diagonally so you hit the roof, then fall down left diagonally and repeat

also, you dont have to run and jump at the same time

dice

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
nplus1-3977.jpg

1. when jumping HOLD the A/B button and also hold the UP and RIGHT directional buttons to gain extra height and distance.

2. the same as 1. but in the opposite direction, doing a run before jumping will also help

3. there are many ways of doing this part but I prefer to do a short jump (by LIGHTLY pressing the A/B button) and using the left/right directional buttons to control where the ninja lands.

4. more or less the same as number 3 but extra height is required so I'd apply more pressure to the A/B button. if you're still stuck I suggest trying out step 4 before all the other steps until you're confident that you can pass that section (doing everything else first and then failing here will just be a waste of time otherwise)

Dark Reality

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn you guys make it sound so easy.

I'll try it again later (bout to go to bed) but damn.

Thanks for the replies.

And I've seen screenshots from later (?) levels, they don't look so hard. I've only seen two screenshots (of about a dozen) that I couldn't figure out how I'd get past if I played and looked harder than this. The others just looked fun.

dice

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Kirby102 said:
lol, I'm assuming teh hard part would be the final minefield to get to the door?
ph34r.gif

Yeah I had a couple of troubles with that for a bit... but then it was easy.
biggrin.gif

(Sorry if it's spoilers, I dunno how to do the tags.)

When you go into the minefield, jump at a 45 degree angle, then hit the roof, and 45 degree angle land right before the 3rd mine, then after, do it again... and win
biggrin.gif

CODE
I dont consider that to be a spoiler really though

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to butt in but im stuck on (level ???) ill get back on that one but its the fists game on the ??? level and its basically a room with bombs on the right hand side with the door above the the left and thats it , so how do i get past those 6 or so bombs to get up and over to the door?

paul

dice

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
seriously there's like 160 levels and you expect us to know which one you're stuck on based on that? Take a screenshot/give us the stage and level or something

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dice said:
seriously there's like 160 levels and you expect us to know which one you're stuck on based on that? Take a screenshot/give us the stage and level or something

It sounds like Level 9-1

pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
arctic_flame said:
If you're finding this level hard, you're not going to enjoy the game. It's actually quite easy.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm on episode 33 now and the only one I've had to pass over for now is episode 29 because of the damn continuous wall jumping against the bouncy platforms with bombs all between them.

Other than the awful music, this game really has me hooked.

dice

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Tanas said:
dice said:

It sounds like Level 9-1

rolleyes.gif

pristinemog said:
QUOTE(arctic_flame @ Sep 1 2008, 08:40 AM)
If you're finding this level hard, you're not going to enjoy the game. It's actually quite easy.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm on episode 33 now and the only one I've had to pass over for now is episode 29 because of the damn continuous wall jumping against the bouncy platforms with bombs all between them.

Other than the awful music, this game really has me hooked.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was about to post a vid of that too yesterday, since I accidentally found that shortcut
biggrin.gif
The only thing I did differently was jump in from the side of the bloc, then jump out from another bloc. Faster than the guy in the vid
biggrin.gif

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
Man this thread reeks of Gamer E-Penis. Getting stuck on one level doesn't NECESSARILY mean you'll have a hard time with the others so everyone trying to prove their superiority, just give it a rest lol

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
It sounds like Level 9-1

Thats the one, thank you.

Looks easy when done there but i have tried for ages without luck! , its funny though cause the more i play the better i get and can redo the earlier levels which i found hard before! lots of fun

Cheers for the vid

QUOTEMan this thread reeks of Gamer E-Penis

Lol i can't smell any cheese perhaps its just you :-)

paul

EDIT: can anyone advise on level 5.1? I can get all the way to the top to that green lock thingy but on the way back having to jump up the way over bombs is just not working for me, can't get enough speed or hight..

dice

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
paul3100 said:
EDIT: can anyone advise on level 5.1? I can get all the way to the top to that green lock thingy but on the way back having to jump up the way over bombs is just not working for me, can't get enough speed or hight..

That stage gave me nightmares... can't really help you much on that one, only completed it once
tongue.gif

asuri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
paul3100 said:
QUOTE said:
It sounds like Level 9-1

Thats the one, thank you.

Looks easy when done there but i have tried for ages without luck! , its funny though cause the more i play the better i get and can redo the earlier levels which i found hard before! lots of fun

Cheers for the vid

QUOTEMan this thread reeks of Gamer E-Penis

Lol i can't smell any cheese perhaps its just you :-)

paul

easy just move back get a running start and hold the jump button only, practice on the first slope

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1