Stormingsoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey everybody..

I'm currently stuck in picking the N-Card or the R4DS..it's a gift for my girlfriend!
R4-ds works with a M-SD card and stuff..but the N-Card is way more cheaper.

Some things i 'heard'
N-Card, no homebrew, just NDSgames, Can run firmwares from other cards?
And there's no real support site in english..

Anyone knows which of the card is best in 1card download play?
What would be the best pick, already looked around but i ain't getting wiser of the topics!

Main reason why i'm having a hard time because i can't find a N-Card Review out there!
...Help me out!
cry.gif

Stormingsoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does that mean the firmwares of these 2 can be placed on the N-Card aswell?
And download play doesnt work (like the ultra flash)

crafton48

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've tried both didn't like the transfer method on the N-card (have to have the DS on to transfer and it's hella slow), and i've had the card become corrupted a couple of times, and a few games I tried didn't save properly
frown.gif
On the plus side though the build is pretty solid, you'lle never have to take the card out of slot 1 and you wont have any problems with dirty contacts or dodgy springs.

The R4 has a much bigger user base esp on GBAtemp, so there will be more readily avaliable info if anything goes wrong, and it takes micro SD which means you're not limited to the 1/2 gig in the N-card. The cheat database comes in handy too.

I think if you got the extra money to spare go for the R4.

crafton48

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have never had a problem with saves. You must have had a faulty card. no games freeze unlike the r4.

It's possible, Ultimate spiderman wouldn't save for me on the N-card, (would appear to save but when I reset it dissappeared) but works alright on other cards. Have you tried this game out on your card?

jrdehaisx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo I tested both, had both ask thegamer, I know he likes his N-Card let me tell you the ups and downs of both cards as a REAL owner
tongue.gif
yeah yeah...
sleep.gif

R4DS
Pro- Its MicroSD is easier and faster transfer, has better support and has more compatability. Uses MicroSD of 128Mb to 2Gbs
Con- The spring or jump clip that holds the MicroSD tends to stop working you can get rid of it and it will work just as fine...

N-Card
Pro- Cheaper version and works just as fine as the other clones
Con- If you get a faulty battery the saves dont work. The transfer speed is slower than others and they are bound to the original size of the card, no upgrade no downgrade, no support in english but can be updated with ANY firmware, tested it myself (Tried 3 different firmwares all worked fine, just the save problem I had due to the battery.)

So its up to you to decide... best prices

sky2k.com I am a big fan of that site...
smile.gif
they changed my bad NCard for the R4DS

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the MK5 (N-Card clone) and it works fine with homebrew, passme, saves, etc. 60 bucks for 2gigs and never had a game freeze.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.