N-card to computer

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by gt68i, Jun 4, 2007.

Jun 4, 2007

N-card to computer by gt68i at 5:06 PM (1,116 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. gt68i
    OP

Newcomer gt68i Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi this is my first time using a flash cart i have purchased 2 N-cards the 1gig ones from linker4u.
    my first problem was that i have the old ds the carts they sent are for the ds lite i have modified the cart so it now fits in my ds. i turn the ds on select fireline and it brings me to a screen with at the top it says
    moonshek1.6 stable-fc
    0mbyte
    eeprom 64
    lastsave2007/6/4
    ####
    page 1/1

the touch screen has a floating icon saying mshl
    the other cart when i put it in has nothing on it just a picture of the n-card on top and on the touch screen it saysbg-256k(1 23A)
    can you tell me if i need to put softwere on this one and how do i get windows to connect to my ds do i need a seperate program it did say plug and play in the description.
    any help would be much appreciated

running windows xp service pack 2

2. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    :'( your ds is still not picking up your firelinker because that menu your talking about is the rom menu which is what you get when the firelinker isnt plugged in. So my guess is the mod you have done to make the firelinker fit into the phat ds has not worked. I also have a phat ds and sky2k sent me a nds lite sized linker so i complained and they sent me the gba sized linker for free So maybe you should do the same thing.

3. Kniteshade

Newcomer Kniteshade Member

Australia
    Place Slot 1 card in the Slot 1, place cart in the Slot 2 area, turn on, select your flash card, then Media Center and Data Exchange appears. You choose Data Exchange, screens go black, wait til it recognises your card THEN connect the USB cables from DS to PC. Did you do that?

4. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    Do exactly what Kniteshade wrote. My little brother got his one yesterday and it has run every single ROM that I have put on their no problem. The data exchange is a little slow though...

5. thegame07

United Kingdom
    yes but the problem he is having is because of the ds not picking up the firelinker. He has to get a gba sized firelinker before it works [​IMG] May i ask how you modded the linker to fit into the phat ds?

6. TLSpartan

Australia
    he probaly just sliced the bit of plastic thats on the end of it. I use my DS Lite for data exchange because my little brother has a phat

7. thegame07

United Kingdom
    I really dont think his "mod" to the linker has worked. @ The last spartan how do you like the card [​IMG] Are you any good at making skins?

8. TLSpartan

Australia
    I have been thinking of making a couple skins but I suck with photoshop. Do you have the mario one because I told my little brother about it and he really wants itB-)

9. thegame07

United Kingdom
  10. gt68i
    OP

Newcomer gt68i Newbie

United Kingdom
    i moded the slot card by chopping off the end so that the card fits right into the slot i cant see an option that says data exchange i have emailed linker4u just waiting for a reply thanks for your help guys