Hacking N-card to computer

gt68i

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi this is my first time using a flash cart i have purchased 2 N-cards the 1gig ones from linker4u.
my first problem was that i have the old ds the carts they sent are for the ds lite i have modified the cart so it now fits in my ds. i turn the ds on select fireline and it brings me to a screen with at the top it says
moonshek1.6 stable-fc
0mbyte
eeprom 64
lastsave2007/6/4
####
page 1/1

the touch screen has a floating icon saying mshl
the other cart when i put it in has nothing on it just a picture of the n-card on top and on the touch screen it saysbg-256k(1 23A)
can you tell me if i need to put softwere on this one and how do i get windows to connect to my ds do i need a seperate program it did say plug and play in the description.
any help would be much appreciated

running windows xp service pack 2

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
:'( your ds is still not picking up your firelinker because that menu your talking about is the rom menu which is what you get when the firelinker isnt plugged in. So my guess is the mod you have done to make the firelinker fit into the phat ds has not worked. I also have a phat ds and sky2k sent me a nds lite sized linker so i complained and they sent me the gba sized linker for free So maybe you should do the same thing.

Kniteshade

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Place Slot 1 card in the Slot 1, place cart in the Slot 2 area, turn on, select your flash card, then Media Center and Data Exchange appears. You choose Data Exchange, screens go black, wait til it recognises your card THEN connect the USB cables from DS to PC. Did you do that?

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
Do exactly what Kniteshade wrote. My little brother got his one yesterday and it has run every single ROM that I have put on their no problem. The data exchange is a little slow though...

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yes but the problem he is having is because of the ds not picking up the firelinker. He has to get a gba sized firelinker before it works
unsure.gif
May i ask how you modded the linker to fit into the phat ds?

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
he probaly just sliced the bit of plastic thats on the end of it. I use my DS Lite for data exchange because my little brother has a phat

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been thinking of making a couple skins but I suck with photoshop. Do you have the mario one because I told my little brother about it and he really wants itB-)

gt68i

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i moded the slot card by chopping off the end so that the card fits right into the slot i cant see an option that says data exchange i have emailed linker4u just waiting for a reply thanks for your help guys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs