Hacking N-Card Questions

TLSpartan

Kills threads
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all

My little brother wants a flash cart for his Phat . I have been looking at the 8Gb N-Card at dealextreme for 36AUD. Is the -Card any good for playing ROMS. That is all my little brother wants to do with his Ds no music,movies,homebrew,etc.

THanks in advance

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the N-card has 100% rom compatibility. On a side note if you get it dont flash to the newest firmware theres no sound
wtf.gif
The card is excellent i really would recommend it.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thegame07 you mean the 1.33beta. thanks thegame07. if anybody wnats to post up some con(or pros )tehy have experienced because i am going to order it tonight.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the only downside i can think of is its far to slow to copy roms onto the card.
wtf.gif
its around 3 mins for a rom. Well it gets the job done you wont be wasting your money. Look at the gbatemp review for the pros and cons.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he wants only DS games then the N-Card clones are the best. Check out my review here and it will give you info on how to skin, firmware tricks, and more info. I think the best N-Card clone it the MK5 though and its also very cheap. Beware though as I have only seen the newest 2GB models in white as since the products release the 2gb models have all been in pink for all of the n-card clones. I know the DSLinker now has a 2GB white model but that is it so far as we know.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Since I saw this card for really cheap (30$ can), would it be a good idea to replace my Supercard CF by an N-Card? I know i would lose GBA support, but GBA support is so poor on the Supercard it's not worth it. I would like to have a card that don't stick out and that support every games, and this card look like a good and cheap choice. Any negative things I should know? ...or should I just keep my Supercard CF?

EDIT: ...and would I be able to convert my Supercard saves to use them on the N-Card?

Thanks!!

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the only negative thing is how slow it is to get roms onto the card. It plays every single rom with no slowdown. The new update has auto dldi patching which is also a added bonus. I would suggest you get a N card. Do you have a phat ds?

yes you can convert your supercard saves to work on the n-card. just use shunys save converter.

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, PHAT DS. Does it matter?

And a last question: is it possible to use the 3in1 expansion from EZ Flash with the N-Card (if want to play GBA games...)?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
When the release there 3in1 gba sized, yes

If you have a DATEL Action replay or action replay DUO, yes you can use the 3in1 lite on your phat ds
biggrin.gif

Just tested it with the GBAMP V1 (CF) and it also works with it
biggrin.gif
, it's even easier then the AR Duo
biggrin.gif

BUT it will stick out to play GBA games then, so better wait for the GBA sized 3in1 from whatever companie that will bring it first in that size
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1